We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taxi from Tambor to Santa Teresa/ reserve b4 hand??

Which Santa Teresa hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Timbuktu, Mali
reviews: 27
Taxi from Tambor to Santa Teresa/ reserve b4 hand??

Hello there experts. We land on Dec 24th in Tambor around 2:45pm. Should we reserve a cab beforehand? Or are there always cabs there?

Also, we are a family of four, 2 adults, 2 young teens. I saw a price of $40 for this, sound right?

Lastly, is a return trip normally less? Thought I read you could catch a local cab from Santa Teresa to Tambor for $25? I could be dreaming though...

Thanx!

Chicago, Illinois
Destination Expert
for Costa Rica
reviews: 20
1. Re: Taxi from Tambor to Santa Teresa/ reserve b4 hand??

Reserve a cab beforehand. What on earth will you do if you arrive at this isolated airstrip and there are no available taxis? I've seen taxis waiting but there's no guarantee. $40 sounds like a good deal. I'd expect it to be a little more. Why not just ask your lodging in Santa Teresa to arrange a taxi for you?

San Jose, Costa Rica
Destination Expert
for Costa Rica
2. Re: Taxi from Tambor to Santa Teresa/ reserve b4 hand??

Dear faithie...

Even that are taxis there most of the time...better to pre arrange one that for sure will be there waiting for you!

roadadvisor

reviews: 1
3. Re: Taxi from Tambor to Santa Teresa/ reserve b4 hand??

I just arrived home from Santa Teresa. The standard taxi rate seemed to be $45.00 to and from tambor airport and Santa Teresa. There were about 3 taxis there waiting. But who knows if those were already pre-arranged. Best to reserve one. That airport is basically a what looks like a bus stop with a scale, pay phone, vending machine, and a landing strip.

Timbuktu, Mali
reviews: 27
4. Re: Taxi from Tambor to Santa Teresa/ reserve b4 hand??

Thank you everyone!

5. Re: Taxi from Tambor to Santa Teresa/ reserve b4 hand??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:16 am, December 21, 2012