We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tips/ ideas for place to go for Christmas Eve??

Which Santa Teresa hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Timbuktu, Mali
reviews: 26
Tips/ ideas for place to go for Christmas Eve??

we are staying at Tropico Latino from Dec 24-28. We have a 13 and 15 yr old.....are there any restaurants/ hotels you could suggest that are known for a great Xmas Eve celebration? It could indeed be Tropico Latino....or maybe Las Olas? Thank you!

Santa Teresa, Costa...
Destination Expert
for Mal Pais, Santa Teresa
reviews: 10
1. Re: Tips/ ideas for place to go for Christmas Eve??

It is hard to say because North American Christmas Eve is Costa Rican's Christmas. Some places could be open, some could be closed. Don't plan anything until you get here. There will be places open, just what their times are will be determined. It is a bit early to determine these things. Many places don't decide what they are doing until the last minute!

The restaurant El Chile Viola has now moved from Tropico Latino to a new location (approximately 100 meters north of Super Hacienda in the northern part of Santa Teresa). As far as what type of cuisine has taken over the restaurant at Tropico Latino is a question mark. We will soon find out!

San Jose, Costa Rica
Destination Expert
for Costa Rica
2. Re: Tips/ ideas for place to go for Christmas Eve??

Dear faithie

Good answer by wefish 88...xmas eve in ou country is really a family night...most places close early in the evening...not a big night to go out...sorry!

roadadvisor

Timbuktu, Mali
3. Re: Tips/ ideas for place to go for Christmas Eve??

No problem...we don't need a big "night out" as we are with our children...but at least something foodwise, lol!

Saw on Tropico Latino's website a new restaurant had opened( I thought that meant they now had 2 ) Now I understand....

It's all good, we tend to be in bed by 10pm anyway, lol!

Vancouver
reviews: 28
4. Re: Tips/ ideas for place to go for Christmas Eve??

We will be in the same situation as you. We are travelling with 5 kids including two boys ages 13 & 15. Do you have boys or girls? We are staying in North Santa Teresa. We stayed in Santa Teresa 2 years ago and were usually dead tired by 9pm. The humidity really wipes you out. If you find out about anything fun on Xmas Eve let us know and we can meet up. Our kids are sad about not having Xmas at home.

Timbuktu, Mali
5. Re: Tips/ ideas for place to go for Christmas Eve??

I have a 15 yr old girl and a 13 yr old son...and its true, lol...we're usually wiped out by 10pm, or at least I am.

It's different being away for Christmas...we just celebrate when we get back home, we've done so for the last 7 yrs.

I'll keep you posted about what we find, we are at Tropico Latino, I think that might be in the middle...?

Vancouver
6. Re: Tips/ ideas for place to go for Christmas Eve??

We have a 10 &11 year old girl, 8, 13 & 15 year old boy. Not all our, we are two families. We are north of Tropico in a private house almost accross the street from the Hacienda market. We will be the very white Canadien's on the beach. Haha.

Timbuktu, Mali
7. Re: Tips/ ideas for place to go for Christmas Eve??

We'll keep our eye out for you. I thought I read somewhere that our hotel( Tropico Latino ) does a Saturday night beach party/ bonfire...? Not certain if it's still the case, I'll inquire.

I know that it's apparently fun up at Vista de Las Olas in Malpais. Views spectacular!! They open up at 4 and it gets a nice mix of tourists and locals. Owners have two boys( around 15, 16'ish who are surfers ). We might head there for Xmas Eve.

ps We shall also be the pasty white Canucks on the beach....lol.

Vancouver
8. Re: Tips/ ideas for place to go for Christmas Eve??

We are going to Vista De Olas for New Year's Eve and Brisas Del Mar for Christmas Eve! Hope to see you.

9. Re: Tips/ ideas for place to go for Christmas Eve??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 1:05 pm, December 21, 2011
West Grey, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto, TripAdvisor Support
reviews: 68
10. Re: Tips/ ideas for place to go for Christmas Eve??

Jess;

Your post violates TripAdvisor's posting guidelines regarding self-promotional advertising or solicitation, and has been reported as inappropriate.

tripadvisor.com/help/what_are_the_guidelines…