We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Florblanca or Pranamar... with kids

Which Santa Teresa hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
San Diego...
reviews: 3
Florblanca or Pranamar... with kids

I'm traveling with my wife and two children (ages 6 and 10) to Santa Teresa in early April. We were planning to stay at either Florblanca or Pranamar for 4 nights. Does anyone have a recommendation between the two (keeping in mind we are with kids)?

Thanks.

Grecia, Costa Rica
Destination Expert
for Province of Alajuela
reviews: 36
1. Re: Florblanca or Pranamar... with kids

I don't know Panamar but Flor Blanca is really nice. I stayed there a couple of years ago and was very impressed.

Someone from the area I am sure will chime in on a comparison.

Cheers

San Jose, Costa Rica
2. Re: Florblanca or Pranamar... with kids

I will also vote for Flor Blanca it is really nice. Attention and services are great and the property is beautiful.

San Jose, Costa Rica
3. Re: Florblanca or Pranamar... with kids

Really like the whole area...agrre with INCA...Flor Blanca!

roaadvisor

Santa Teresa, Costa...
Destination Expert
for Mal Pais, Santa Teresa
reviews: 10
4. Re: Florblanca or Pranamar... with kids

Both places are similar with respect to services and attention to detail. Pranamar is new, so the grounds are still developing. Accommodations are very nice but not as private as Florblanca because the gardens in Florblanca have had many years of growth to give each cabina lots of privacy. The beach at Pranamar is nicer and is close to a tidepool that is large enough to snorkel in. Florblanca's design is modern and Pranamar is more Balinese. Both places are very romantic settings and have a very 'zen-like', calming atmosphere.

If you are concerned with the fact you are traveling with children and unsure about a child-friendly atmosphere, perhaps you should also consider Villas Hermosas which is family/children friendly and just down the road from Pranamar.

Vancouver
reviews: 27
5. Re: Florblanca or Pranamar... with kids

I believe that FlorBlanca does not take kids under the age of 12.

Santa Teresa, Costa...
reviews: 13
6. Re: Florblanca or Pranamar... with kids

Pranamar is hands down better than Flor Blanca.

vancouver
reviews: 4
7. Re: Florblanca or Pranamar... with kids

It is true that Flor Blanca does not allow children under 12 years of age during the High Season. I know that Pranamar allows kids of all ages throughout the year and they even have a special kids menu in the restaurant. My nieces, aged 2 and 5, had a great time at Pranamar a few months ago. The pool is great for kids and the whole property has a more laid back atmosphere compared with Flor Blanca, which is much more suited to couples and adults.

San Jose, Costa Rica
8. Re: Florblanca or Pranamar... with kids

I just called Flor Blanca and it is true they do not accept children under 10 from December through April and no children under 6 from May through November

San Jose, Costa Rica
9. Re: Florblanca or Pranamar... with kids

Dear ticanadian...

I have a rule in my life...if my kids are not allowed ...so my money...the couple night I spend there some time ago was with a group of couples and we did not have any kids...so...maybe time to check Pranamar!

roadadvisor

San Diego...
reviews: 3
10. Re: Florblanca or Pranamar... with kids

Thanks for the replies. We actually ended up booking our stay at Florblanca for the first week in April - with our two kids (6 and 10).

Get answers to your questions about Santa Teresa