We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Things to do at night...?

Which Santa Teresa hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
reviews: 5
Things to do at night...?

So a friend was telling me that there is not much of a nightlife in Santa Teresa. He says that there is 1 disco and a couple restaurants. No bars?

I don't want a wild scene at all, but I'd definitely like to spend some time each night at the bar.

I also understand that there will be cool people to meet and hang out on the beach and what not.

I just don't want to have to go to bed when the sun goes down because there are not many things to do in Santa Teresa.

Playa Guiones...
Destination Expert
for Nosara
reviews: 2
1. Re: Things to do at night...?

Who says there are no bars? Of course there are! One really fun one for me had the word 'monkey' in the name but I think it has changed hands? Anyway, it's a fun place....I like the shuffle board table! There will be plenty of bars where tourist are hanging out...just walk down the road and follow the noise...

San Jose, Costa Rica
Destination Expert
for Costa Rica
2. Re: Things to do at night...?

Is not as crazy in a good way as Montezuma...or Jaco...but of course some good old fun around...!

roadadvisor

Atlanta
Destination Expert
for Jaco, Bocas Town
reviews: 110
3. Re: Things to do at night...?

Santa Teresa/Playa Carmen area has bars and nightlife, you just need to figure out where to go during the day before it gets dark. It is also VERY difficult to find a taxi late at night and you don't want to be walking at night. So plan ahead. When you get there ask around and find out when and where the party nights are. Have you done a search on this forum? I know I have posted some of the nightlife places before, I just can't think of their names right now. Things happen spur of the moment and planned events get canceled because the speakers are down and they can't get the part to fix it for a month.

Santa Teresa, Costa...
Destination Expert
for Mal Pais, Santa Teresa
reviews: 10
4. Re: Things to do at night...?

There are many bars and restaurants and things to do in the evening when the sun goes down!

The party grapevine travels quickly and I can guarantee you will not be bored!

check out the map link below for bars and restaurants in the Santa Teresa to Playa Carmen area:

www.nicoyapeninsula.com/teresa/teresa.php

San Francisco...
reviews: 4
5. Re: Things to do at night...?

Tons of restaurants (too many, almost). At least 2 fairly big clubs.

Some Hotels/Restaurants with Bars/Bar Seating:

Rancho Itauna

Funky Monkey

Brisas Del Mar

Otro Lado

Casa Zen (beer/wine only)

Almost all the bar seating in the restaurants is small, 10 seats or so, and the vibe is going to be pretty mellow at them.

Clubs (they start late and go late, and are usually kind of a scene):

La Lora

D&N (aka Tabu)

Whatever the former Howler Monkey is now (bit of a sports bar, or was), by the crossroads

Its not that there isn't nightlife -- its that everything is stretched out over 3-4km, and some places are tucked up or in 100 meters or so from a road or sidestreet.

Keep an eye out for flyers and ask people what's going on, over the years I've encountered fire shows (on the beach or otherwise), jugglers / street performers / drummers / dancers doing shows in at some of the hotels/restaurants, etc. Mostly during high season, though. If your friend visited at low season that would account for his impression.

Atlanta
Destination Expert
for Jaco, Bocas Town
reviews: 110
6. Re: Things to do at night...?

Those are the names, thanks faux. Is Good Vibes, think that is the name, still open.

Edited: 4:28 pm, September 13, 2011
7. Re: Things to do at night...?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:16 am, October 21, 2012