We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurants walking distance?

Which Santa Teresa hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Marietta, Georgia
reviews: 87
Restaurants walking distance?

We are staying at VRBO 31091 in Mal Pais, and am wondering what are our choices for eating close by (walking distance)?

Definitely want to try Marys---can we walk there from our house? What about after dark walking home---safe?

Springfield, New...
reviews: 1
1. Re: Restaurants walking distance?

Take a look at the maps at www.nicoyapeninsula.com/teresa/north.php

We are headed to ST on Sunday, I cannot wait! I might have more recommendations when we return.

Santa Teresa, Costa...
Destination Expert
for Mal Pais, Santa Teresa
reviews: 10
2. Re: Restaurants walking distance?

Actually, if you go to this link, it will give you the map of Mal Pais:

www.nicoyapeninsula.com/malpais/malpais.php

Numbers 8 and 9 should be switched around, and your accommodation is between the two.

There are not a lot of restaurants to choose from close to where you are staying, but your accommodations are stunning!

If you do walk at night, be aware of vehicles on the road and be sure you wear something that will be visible to a driver, wear good walking shoes and bring a flashlight for each of you. If your budget allows, I would suggest renting a vehicle so you can get to more restaurant choices.

Enjoy your stay!

Springfield, New...
reviews: 1
3. Re: Restaurants walking distance?

Thanks for the advice Wefish

Marietta, Georgia
4. Re: Restaurants walking distance?

Thanx---I heard there is a Budget rental there in the area---think I can just show up and get a car for 2-3 days, or should I go online and reserve it ahead of time? Thanx for the advice!

Santa Teresa, Costa...
Destination Expert
5. Re: Restaurants walking distance?

There are a number of rental agencies around and you will likely have no problem getting a car for a couple of days, just be sure you contact them as soon as you get there and set something up, even if it is for a later date, just so they have a 'heads-up'. Being the ;ow season, you might be able to get a deal if you show up in person, but do some research on rental car prices so you aren't going into the office with a total price blank!

Marietta, Georgia
6. Re: Restaurants walking distance?

actually we are going first week in December---sorry should have said that at first! Thanx!

Santa Teresa, Costa...
Destination Expert
7. Re: Restaurants walking distance?

Likely still would not have a problem....like I said, just give them a couple of days...things still are slower in the 1st week of Dec. compared to later into the month on on into the dry season....

Marietta, Georgia
8. Re: Restaurants walking distance?

On another topic, we heard about a farmers market in Cobano on mondays---does the ST/Malpais area have a weekly market? Also, what are the "rules" for the fisherman area in south Malpais? Do you need to go in the early morning to get fresh fish? Gotten some great helpful info here---THANX!

Costa Rica
reviews: 53
9. Re: Restaurants walking distance?

No need to go all the way to Cobano, there is an organic market every Saturday at 3pm here in town. It tends to change locations from time to time, so be sure to double-check when you are here. Right now it is at the beach access by Casa Zen. Yes, the morning is usually the best time to get fish from the marina (if one of the fishermen is looking to sell his wares), but if you're looking for something specific you can also check out Product C's fish/seafood shop at the crossroads, they have very high quality fish (including oysters!)...also a great place for lunch.

Marietta, Georgia
10. Re: Restaurants walking distance?

Thanks BTMJ---we get there late saturday and leave early the next saturday!

ThAnks for the tip for Product C's-----