We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather next week

Which Santa Teresa hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
New York City, New...
Weather next week

Looks like rain all next week, can anyone update weather outlook for next week? Much appreciated!

Costa Rica
reviews: 24
1. Re: Weather next week

www.imn.ac.cr/IMN/MainAdmin.aspx…

Where I live, it has been sunny mornings, rainy late afternoon or evening. No way to really know what will really happen next week. It could be sunny, rainy, cloudy, calm, windy - all on the same day.

San Jose, Costa Rica
Destination Expert
for Costa Rica
2. Re: Weather next week

Where are you planning to go?

In Costa Rica weather change in short distances...almost impossible for any weather channel to predict the weather all over the country...

At the moment rainy afternoon in San Jose...

I drove to Playa Hermosa by Jaco yesterday...some showers and some sunny areas...last night in Monteverde about 9PM some light rian...going up...some great clean skies and some rain...

Rain Around Caldera...nice around Orotina...clear around Atenas at 11PM lasx night!

roadadivsor

Jaco, Costa Rica
3. Re: Weather next week

Rain all next week sounds pretty accurate....

New York City, New...
4. Re: Weather next week

Roadadvisor: heading to santa teresa, rain all week?

Santa Teresa, Costa...
Destination Expert
for Mal Pais, Santa Teresa
reviews: 10
5. Re: Weather next week

Sun in the morning, rain in the afternoon or evening.....usual state of affairs....

New York City, New...
6. Re: Weather next week

So you don't expect it to be a washout? That's reassuring! Hoping for the best.

San Jose, Costa Rica
Destination Expert
for Costa Rica
7. Re: Weather next week

Not at all..hopefully will be July kind of weather...not much rain...just enough...

I have no idea how somebody can even said that will be rain all next week...that is really somenthing...

I´m a costarican native and most of my life...July has been great month some rain but not crazy...and that includes weather around San Jose and beaches...hopefully I´m not wrong this year...but the last almost 60 years have had been great...with little summer of San Juan!

roadadivsor

Monteverde Costa...
reviews: 13
8. Re: Weather next week

All of the above advice is good.

I find that I can go to the National Hurricane Center website and see if there are any blobs of pressure systems or actual tropical storms or hurricanes nearby Costa Rica.

If there are, then the normal rain patterns can be changed. More rain or more chance for non normal acitivity.

Click on both sides of the map, both Atlantic and Eastern Pacific. If there is a system nearby Costa Rica and based on how close to us it is and how intense it is then plan accordingly.

It changes all the time as the systems develop and move through.

As of this writing there is a weaker one north of us in the Eastern Pacific.

But when you click and check that may be gone or replaced by a new one or all clear. Check it daily to see

National Hurricane Center

http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/index.shtml

Jaco, Costa Rica
9. Re: Weather next week

The rain in that area is mostly being caused by a low pressure area lingering in the Pacific off the Guanacaste coast.

10. Re: Weather next week

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:18 am, October 06, 2012