We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

ATV Rental in santa teresa

Which Santa Teresa hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
New York City, New...
ATV Rental in santa teresa

I will be staying in santa teresa this summer, is an atv good to get around or should i get a jeep? If an atv is good enough, can i ride with a passenger?

Bermuda
Destination Expert
for Bermuda
reviews: 26
1. Re: ATV Rental in santa teresa

renting an atv will be fun, but i haven't found anyone who rents them overnight bu i haven't tried in sta teresa. they are designed for one person but you can get two people on them. the only drawback to using these as your regular transport is that you will get filthy driving around on the dirt roads. not so bad if you're in front, but if you're behind someone it will be VERY dusty. if you're there in the rainy season, i imagine you might get pretty muddy.

San Jose, Costa Rica
Destination Expert
for Costa Rica
2. Re: ATV Rental in santa teresa

Agree with Sonny...better to rent a small jeep!

roadadvisor

Santa Teresa, Costa...
Destination Expert
for Mal Pais, Santa Teresa
reviews: 10
3. Re: ATV Rental in santa teresa

I will agree with both above posts. A quad will be messy and not a lot of fun when it rains. You can rent a small sized 4x4 for almost as much as a quad.

San Jose, Costa Rica
4. Re: ATV Rental in santa teresa

Hi Summergirl,

If you are coming in summer, its going to be during the dry season, so the roads are dusty. If you come in the rainy season it gets muddy as the other comments say.

To rent an ATV its about U$70 per day (you will be asked for your driving license , passport and c.c for voucher), if you rent it for more than 4 days or a week you may get a discount.

2 people can comfortably get in, use a mask to avoid the dust if you are going out of Santa Teresa, and don’t go over 25KM per hour, 25 is just enough to get faster anywhere in town, above that you will lift up to much dust and that wont be friendly with people walking or riding bikes.

To rent a car get a 4x4, a small one with a basic insurance will be around the same price as an ATV per day.

ATV or 4x4 car its up to what you have in mind for you holidays, with an ATV you can ride to Manzanillo cross the Bongo river when its low tie and have so much fun that sometimes a car doesn’t allow it.

Dust or mudd, you will be with swimmsuit all the time, have the experience, its Costa Rica!

Have fun!

New York City, New...
5. Re: ATV Rental in santa teresa

We ended up renting atvs which were a blast, rode to montezuma and all over santa teresa, malpais...managed with 1 surfboard which was a bit tricky.

San Jose, Costa Rica
Destination Expert
for Costa Rica
6. Re: ATV Rental in santa teresa

Great...nice to hear that you had a good time!

Please come back soon!

roadadvisor

Atlanta
Destination Expert
for Jaco, Bocas Town
reviews: 111
7. Re: ATV Rental in santa teresa

For furture ref- Summer for us here in the States is the green season, rainy. ATVs are a great way to get around, and during the rainy season in ST the puddles help you see the pot holes. During the dry season, winter for us here in the states, it can get really dusty so bring a bandana and maybe goggles. Either way I love ATVs in ST area. The ones we rented were for 2 people no problem. Like Summergirl, people rode with surf boards, and pilled people on. Most places rent for more then just a day at a time and the longer you rent the cheaper it is. Bring a drivers license and your passport.

8. Re: ATV Rental in santa teresa

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:16 am, October 06, 2012