We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Drive from La Fortuna to Santa Theresa

Which Santa Teresa hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Haverford
reviews: 2
Drive from La Fortuna to Santa Theresa

We are attending a wedding in ST in late May. We plan to make a stop in LF for three days on our way. We are working with a travel planner who suggests getting a driver.

What are the pros and cons of driving a 4 wheel drive in May? How are the roads and road signs as we approach La Fortuna.

Have any suggestions on day activities in Santa Theresa?

Thanks

San Jose, Costa Rica
Destination Expert
for Costa Rica
1. Re: Drive from La Fortuna to Santa Theresa

No problem at all with any car around La Fortuna...you do not need a 4x4...maybe around ST...

roadadvisor

La Fortuna de San...
reviews: 104
2. Re: Drive from La Fortuna to Santa Theresa

I moved here a little over a year ago and I put together a "Tips to driving in CR" document that I'd be happy to send to you. This forum doesn't allow "attachments" so if you'd like this please just e-mail me under "private message" your e-mail and I'll send it to you.

As for the pros & cons of a 4x4-I don't think it's ever a bad idea to have one, usually the deterrant is the price and nothing else.

Wendy, La Fortuna, CR

Haverford
reviews: 2
3. Re: Drive from La Fortuna to Santa Theresa

I must clarify. I meant the pros and cons of renting a car vs. hiring a driver.

4. Re: Drive from La Fortuna to Santa Theresa

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:18 pm, October 23, 2012