We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The Springs Resort & Villas Hermosas -- Best Airport?

Which Santa Teresa hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Fairfield...
reviews: 1
The Springs Resort & Villas Hermosas -- Best Airport?

My husband and I are traveling in mid May 2011, and first staying in The Springs for four days, the over to Villas Hermosas for another four days. We expect to rent a car and drive. How long is driving distance between these resorts? Is it a difficult drive in one day? Which airport is the best to fly in/out of? Airport ideas or alternatives (i.e. in San Jose...out of Liberia?) are welcomed...

San Jose, Costa Rica
Destination Expert
for Costa Rica
1. Re: The Springs Resort & Villas Hermosas -- Best Airport?

I think you are in better position flying In and Out of SJO...

From Arenal to Villas Hermosas Mal Pais-Santa Tereza area...you have to take in consideration ferry times...but overall it will be around about 6 hours...minutes more minutes less...

roadadvsior

Fairfield...
2. Re: The Springs Resort & Villas Hermosas -- Best Airport?

Thanks for your quick response. My husband's birthday is actually halfway during our vacation. Is there a NICE resort between these two hotels that we could stay overnight (maybe with some nightlife) to break up the drive and celebrate is B-day?

San Jose, Costa Rica
Destination Expert
for Costa Rica
3. Re: The Springs Resort & Villas Hermosas -- Best Airport?

You are WELCOME...if is only for one night and mostly to relax...maybe Double Tree hotel by Hilton...located about 35 minutes to ferry to Cobano Paquera then to Villas Hermosas...

Hotel located close to Barranca a little village near Puntarenas where the ferry is...the hotel is an All Inclusive...maybe can be a good option...

They offer some decent night life...

roadadvisor

Fairfield...
4. Re: The Springs Resort & Villas Hermosas -- Best Airport?

Thank you very much...your help is most appreciated. What route would be the best to take between these resorts? (Google maps seems useless)

San Jose, Costa Rica
Destination Expert
for Costa Rica
5. Re: The Springs Resort & Villas Hermosas -- Best Airport?

You are more than WELCOME!

In your case...drive down to La Fortuna...take the road toward San Ramon...once in San Ramon...you have to make a right on Pan Am Hwy...drive all the way until you see Caldera port signs...take the road to Caldera...the hotel is about 15 minutes once you get off Pan Am Hwy...from your hotel to Double Tree about 3 hours...nice road all the way...

From Double tree to fery boat about 35 minutes you have to drive all the way into Puntarenas...easy to find...since Puntarenas is about 4 blocks wide...the ferry is very much at the end at the right hand side...

roadadvisor

6. Re: The Springs Resort & Villas Hermosas -- Best Airport?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:16 pm, October 11, 2012