We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sail Fishing in Santa Teresa Area

Which Santa Teresa hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Tipton, PA
reviews: 28
Sail Fishing in Santa Teresa Area

My wife and I am going to be in Santa Teresa next week - Jan 29-Feb 4. I am interested in possibly booking a sailfishing charter for a day but have not been able to find much info on fishing in the local area. I am staying at the Pranamar Villas and have been communicating with the front desk. They have provided me some info but it is vague. I am leary of booking a $500-$1,000 charter sight unseen with no referrals....I've been burnt on that one before. Can anyone provide me info on local boats, or companies you may have fished with that I should look into?

Thanks in advance for teh help....Mike

Santa Teresa, Costa...
Destination Expert
for Mal Pais, Santa Teresa
reviews: 10
1. Re: Sail Fishing in Santa Teresa Area

It is best to wait until you get down here to arrange a fishing trip so you can get exactly what you want.

San Jose, Costa Rica
Destination Expert
for Costa Rica
2. Re: Sail Fishing in Santa Teresa Area

Mike are planning to visit any other beach?

roadadvisor

Tipton, PA
3. Re: Sail Fishing in Santa Teresa Area

Road advisor - We are staying at Pranamar Villas Saturday-Friday then transfering up to Tamarindo for one night before flying out the following Saturday. So, the only place I will have time to fish would be while we are in SantaTeresa.

Mike

Tipton, PA
4. Re: Sail Fishing in Santa Teresa Area

Wefish88 - Is there any place you would recommend that I specifically checkout once I get there?

Mike

Santa Teresa, Costa...
Destination Expert
for Mal Pais, Santa Teresa
reviews: 10
5. Re: Sail Fishing in Santa Teresa Area

There is only one place boats leave from in this area and it is in Mal Pais, unless you travel to Tambor....so it is central and you can choose the boat, captain, and make a deal yourself.

6. Re: Sail Fishing in Santa Teresa Area

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:22 am, February 01, 2012