We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Red Palm Villas - Wiring Money?

Which Santa Teresa hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Clark, NJ
Red Palm Villas - Wiring Money?

My fiance and I are planning on staying at the Red Palm Villas for our honeymoon in October. They do not accept credit cards, and are asking for a wire transfer deposit of half the amount to hold the reservation. Naturally this makes us a little uncomfortable. Has anyone done this before???

La Fortuna de San...
reviews: 114
1. Re: Red Palm Villas - Wiring Money?

It's typical practice here to ask for 50% of the room rate up front (at least for smaller hotels). We don't take credit cards either but we use PayPal (which allows our guests to securely pay by whatever method they'd like). Getting money from outside CR to CR accounts is very difficult and wiring is the easiest way for that to happen. I think the bottom line is if you feel comfortable with the communication you've had with the Red Palm Villas or not. Hopefullly somebody else will comment if they've actually rented this place so you can feel more secure. :-) Hope this helps!

Wendy at the Villa Hermosa, La Fortuna, CR

Santa Teresa, Costa...
Destination Expert
for Mal Pais, Santa Teresa
reviews: 15
2. Re: Red Palm Villas - Wiring Money?

This is very common practice down here, but, it is safer to ask this question when you are unsure. Red Palm Villas has been around for a long time and is well known. Wiring money to assure accommodations in Costa Rica is not a bad thing. You have a receipt on your side and it can be traced.

You will have wonderful accommodations, in a gorgeous setting, on a beautiful beach! Enjoy your stay!

San Jose, Costa Rica
3. Re: Red Palm Villas - Wiring Money?

Common practice...most reputable places will have credit card access...the good thing with CC is that in case of any dispute you can always go back to the CC and you can ask for refunds later ...in a simple word is a lot safer paying by CC...

Another thing that I'm not agreed is paying half for a reseervation that is on October 10 months from now...are they going to pay you to use your money..basically some small hotels or not so small they finance the operation with clients deposits...that is not nice...maybe some deposit but half...sounds to much for me...

Just buckle up and enjoy the ride in PARADISE!

roadadvisor

4. Re: Red Palm Villas - Wiring Money?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:20 am, July 12, 2011