We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Grocery stores and cheap restaurant advices please

Which Santa Teresa hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Vienna, Austria
reviews: 7
Grocery stores and cheap restaurant advices please

Hi there

Its 3 years since I visit this area of Costa Rica and that time we only ate out but this time where on a budget so ...Which supermarket/ grocery store is the biggest and what can I find there? (pasta, toast,cheese advocados tacobread, pasta , tomato sauce would be great to find but what about the prices, is it expensive?)

And for some dinner out could you please give me advice about cheap places in the area Playa carmen or in Santa Theresa?

Thank you very much

Edited: 10:06 am, December 13, 2010
Santa Teresa, Costa...
Destination Expert
for Mal Pais, Santa Teresa
reviews: 13
1. Re: Grocery stores and cheap restaurant advices please

You will find at least 5 large supermarkets with competitive prices and they are all spread out throughout Santa Teresa. The supermarkets carry a large selection of most things you would expect to find at 'home'.

As far as inexpensive restaurants, you will find that a basic 'Soda' with rice and beans and your typical 'casado' the most inexpensive place to eat and the prices vary from $4-8, depending on location and what type of typical food you are eating. The more extravagant your eating habits, the more expensive. You will find a restaurant to suit your budget, guaranteed.

2. Re: Grocery stores and cheap restaurant advices please

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:19 am, June 13, 2011