We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Private shuttle or Air. Which one is the most scenic?Safest?

Which Santa Teresa hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Vienna, Austria
reviews: 7
Private shuttle or Air. Which one is the most scenic?Safest?

Hi (again)

I have been in Santa Teresa before but this time a friend of mine is coming with me but she is afraid of flying with small planes. I used sansa before but she found some bad reports about aircrash so she want to take a shuttle (private) and the ferry instead. For me its just like 5 hour longer trip instead of 30 minutes on a plane, so my question is. Is it a nice trip/scenic view or just a bumpy road. What about the ferry, is it big, is it nice, does it has toilets and restaurants? What do you prefer the plane or shuttle/ferry I want to know everything.

Edited: 3:46 pm, November 22, 2010
San Jose, Costa Rica
Destination Expert
for Costa Rica
1. Re: Private shuttle or Air. Which one is the most scenic?Safest?

I think we answer this one...in my case...ferry is the answer...nice big ferry...some food not the best...good toilets...how clean most of the time good enough!

roaadvisor

La Fortuna de San...
reviews: 104
2. Re: Private shuttle or Air. Which one is the most scenic?Safest?

I fly whenever possible as I prefer the 30 minute plane ride to 5 hours of driving!!! If you look into anything (fatality rate of the car crashes here in Costa Rica vs. flying I'm sure it's actually statistically safer to fly).

If your friend just can't handle the 30 minute flight, the drive will be beautiful, everywhere you drive here is truly beautiful!

Playa Guiones...
Destination Expert
for Nosara
reviews: 2
3. Re: Private shuttle or Air. Which one is the most scenic?Safest?

Personally, I like to drive, because I too hate little planes. But as was mentioned, it is probably safer to fly, statistically. There are very few plane crashes here. I've not heard of one for years.

Yes it is pretty to drive, and the ferry is fun too. With a private shuttle you could stop anytime you like for bathroom breaks, refreshments or photo ops, which you are bound to see!

4. Re: Private shuttle or Air. Which one is the most scenic?Safest?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:19 am, May 24, 2011