We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Do I need a rental car in Santa Teresa?

Which Santa Teresa hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Cambridge...
reviews: 1
Do I need a rental car in Santa Teresa?

I will be visiting in May 2011 for about a week. We want to relax a bit but we also want to have the ability to travel to canopy tours, snorkeling, etc. Would I be stranded at the resort without a car? or do the tour companies provide transportation? Thanks!

Montezuma, Costa...
reviews: 8
1. Re: Do I need a rental car in Santa Teresa?

Some companies provide transport, but usually not. However either the resort or the tour company can arrange a taxi for you - probably this will work out a lot cheaper than a rental car.

San Jose, Costa Rica
2. Re: Do I need a rental car in Santa Teresa?

Nice to have a car around there...

roadadvisor

Santa Teresa, Costa...
Destination Expert
for Mal Pais, Santa Teresa
reviews: 13
3. Re: Do I need a rental car in Santa Teresa?

Depending on where you are staying, you may or may not need a vehicle. If you are planning on sight-seeing, you will need one. If you get down here and decide you need some type of transportation, there are numerous rental agencies available for cars and quads.

The area is very spread out and you will likely appreciate having a vehicle to get around in.

Atlanta
Destination Expert
for Jaco, Bocas Town
reviews: 115
4. Re: Do I need a rental car in Santa Teresa?

I would say if you like to drive and don't mind driving on crazy bad roads in an unknown area, then you may want to rent a car.

I don't like to drive even here at home so I am not a fan of renting a car in Costa Rica. We did rent an ATV while in Santa Teresa which gave us some freedom to roam around during the day. Tours offer options for transportation. The hotels can always help set things up. It is highly recommended to not drive at night if you rent a car, so you would need to arrange a taxi for night time anyway.

If you are on the fence about renting a car then I would wait and see what it is like once you arrive in ST. It will give you a much better idea if you want to deal with a car.

Pros and cons to both

Edited: 2:13 pm, November 11, 2010
5. Re: Do I need a rental car in Santa Teresa?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, May 11, 2011