We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How far away is Montezuma and Playa Tamarindo?

Which Santa Teresa hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Vienna, Austria
reviews: 7
How far away is Montezuma and Playa Tamarindo?

Hi

How far away is montezuma and Playa Tamarindo by car from Playa Carmen/ Santa Theresa? How much for a car and driver to take 3 persons there and back again? And what to do there? Is it worth the trip? And is it possible to go to Arenal Vulcano by flight from Tambor or do you have to go to San Jose first?

Costa Rica
reviews: 26
1. Re: How far away is Montezuma and Playa Tamarindo?

1. Look here: www.yourtravelmap.com

2. Contact www.tucanlimoservices.com or www.dosgringoscr.com for quote on private driver

3. www.nicoyapeninsula.com for things to do

Is it worth the trip there? Who can say? What might be worth it for me might not for you. It depends entirely on what you are looking for and how much time you have. After looking at #1 and #3, maybe you will be able to answer your own question.

4. It is not possible to fly from Arenal to Tambor without going to San Jose. Look at the websites for Sansa and Nature Air for flight information.

San Jose, Costa Rica
2. Re: How far away is Montezuma and Playa Tamarindo?

MOntezuma is kind of close to Santa Tereza and Mal Pais...Tamarindo is not that close...maybe around 3 and half hours each way...expensive ride for one day...not worth it!

From Tambor to Arenal even by plane is hard...and is not a direct service...you most go back to San Jose first!

roadadvisor

boston, ma
reviews: 1
3. Re: How far away is Montezuma and Playa Tamarindo?

You can take a bus from Santa Teresa to Cobano to Montezuma. Probably like an hour total? Really cheap too, and definitely worth the trip.

Montezuma, Costa...
reviews: 8
4. Re: How far away is Montezuma and Playa Tamarindo?

I live in Montezuma - #3 is spot on with bus between Sta Teresa - Cobano - Montezuma. The bus is cheap, easy, and about an hour (even though it is only about 20 km), well worth a visit. A car & driver would be bout $30-$35 each way

Tamarindo is MUCH more complicated and further away, depending on your timeframe it may or my not be worth the effort to get there

Playa Guiones...
Destination Expert
for Nosara
reviews: 3
5. Re: How far away is Montezuma and Playa Tamarindo?

Montezuma is easy and fun...not to mention close!

Tamarindo is far. Don't try to make a day trip there......not enough time. Only consider Tamarindo if you have enogh time to spend a couple nights there. I live in Nosara and it takes me about 4 hours, and Tamarindo is farther away, so I'd say closer to 5 hours drive to Tamarindo.

6. Re: How far away is Montezuma and Playa Tamarindo?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, May 11, 2011
Get answers to your questions about Santa Teresa