We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Booked a week in Santa Teresa looking for trip advise...

Which Santa Teresa hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
absaoke
Booked a week in Santa Teresa looking for trip advise...

Hello!

My husband and I are planning to spend a week in Santa Teresa in February. We are looking for laid back, privacy, and lots of time on the beach and in the ocean.

1) Right now we are leaning twords the Supervista bungalows but cannot find any reviews on them. Has anyone staid there or visited? We could live to get some insight into this property.

2) We are thinking about renting a car in San Jose and having it for the week. Is this a good idea?

3) Is the ocean good for swimming? Or is it rougher and better for surfing and body boarding?

Thanks in advance for any advice!!!!

Santa Teresa, Costa...
Destination Expert
for Mal Pais, Santa Teresa
reviews: 10
1. Re: Booked a week in Santa Teresa looking for trip advise...

Hola absaoke:

February is a great time to visit Santa Teresa. The roads are usually in much better shape and the weather is full on sun!

1) Supervista bungalows are right on the beach. If you like the sound of the waves and to be within a stone's throw of the water, then this is the place to be.

The down side is that you are directly 'at' the beach and everyone walking by can see onto your deck and into your bungalow (especially at night), there is no shade and the bungalows can become ovens during the heat of the day. Quite honestly, I would find this very uncomfortable and would not be able to feel relaxed about this....but, that is my personal opinion. If you are looking at more private accommodations and not quite so public, perhaps you want to check out www.nicoyazoom.com and compare prices and locations and amenities at other places in the area.

2) Renting a car is a good idea. You can do this near the airport and drive down to Santa Teresa and experience the ferry system and see some of the country. It will take about 1.5 hrs. from the outskirts of San Jose to the ferry, another couple of hours dealing with getting onto the ferry and the trip across the gulf and then another 1.5-2 hours to Santa Teresa depending on how many stops you make along the way. Remember to do the drive during the daylight hours (roughtly 6AM to 6PM). If you are going to be exploring, you will need a 4x4. You can also fly to Tambor from SJO and rent a car when you get to Tambor or Santa Teresa (I recommend reserving the car before you get here because it is high season).

3) Some parts of the ocean in the area are good for swimming, many spots are good for surfing and boogie boards. You will have to ask for specifics when you get down here as the area and beaches are vast and there is a lot to choose from depending of you activity of choice and skill level.

2. Re: Booked a week in Santa Teresa looking for trip advise...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 2:35 pm, October 25, 2010
San Jose, Costa Rica
Destination Expert
for Costa Rica
3. Re: Booked a week in Santa Teresa looking for trip advise...

Great idea about renting a car...nice to have the car around Santa Tereza...

roadadvsior

Miami, Florida
reviews: 1
4. Re: Booked a week in Santa Teresa looking for trip advise...

Santa Teresa sounds like a wonderful place. But you sound like the type of person that would love Sitges, Spain. Keep it in mind for your next vacation.

absaoke
5. Re: Booked a week in Santa Teresa looking for trip advise...

Either this is a funny coincidence or you are my aunt? We have a great family owned apartment available to us in Sitges. We plan on going there next year as well :)

Miami, Florida
6. Re: Booked a week in Santa Teresa looking for trip advise...

We always check out travel sites on TripAdvisor.com. After reading on Facebook that you were going to Santa Teresa in Costa Rica we went to Tripadvisor to check out the place and were pleasantly surprised to recognize your ID. By the way, Santa Teresa sounds lovely but Sitges, Spain is the best plus you find out about your ancestry. Have you made your reservations for next year??

Miami, Florida
7. Re: Booked a week in Santa Teresa looking for trip advise...

By the way, this is a response from someone on another forum that was planning to go there:

RE: Santa Teresa Supervista Bungalows

Yup, I did stay. It was amazing. It is right on the beach which many places in Santa Teresa are not. It is more on the expensive side like $90/night. But worth it.

If you want cheaper, there are definetly cheaper as well.

Check out Moana Lodge, Tropica Latina- though maybe the same price. U'll have a great time. If you guys want your own space away from everyone go for the bungalow's. Let me know if you need anything else!

On Oct 23, 2010, at 08:43 AM seafan1961 wrote:

Did you ever stay at the Supervista bungalows? Would you recommend it? How was your trip? Let me know, Thanks

8. Re: Booked a week in Santa Teresa looking for trip advise...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, April 28, 2011