We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Casas Pura Vida vs. Hotel Nautilus

Which Santa Teresa hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
New Jersey
reviews: 31
Casas Pura Vida vs. Hotel Nautilus

Hi Everyone,

I tried to post this question in the general forum but with no avail, so I'll try here. I am trying to decide between Casas Pura Vida and Hotel Nautiuls. Am I right to assume that Casas Pura Vida is a bit outside of town and we would need to take the car to get anywhere in town? Is Hotel Nautilus better located in regards to being able to walk to places? Is either one better in regards to beach access? Thanks so much for any help!

Santa Teresa, Costa...
Destination Expert
for Mal Pais, Santa Teresa
reviews: 15
1. Re: Casas Pura Vida vs. Hotel Nautilus

Here is a link to a map that will pretty much answer any questions you may have:

http://nicoyapeninsula.com/teresa/teresa.php

Casas Pura Vida is on the beach, Nautilus is off the beach, probably about a 7 min. walk.

Casa Pura Vida is not quite on the 'outside of town', it is actually about 3/4 of the way through Santa Teresa from the Playa Carmen cruce (cross-road), everything kind of melds together.

Nautilus is probably closer to restaurants, stores etc, than Casas Pura Vida, but everything is very spread out in Santa Teresa, so you might want to consider some type of transportation if that is the deciding factor. You can rent bikes, quads or vehicles.

New Jersey
reviews: 31
2. Re: Casas Pura Vida vs. Hotel Nautilus

Thanks so much for your input. Since we will be traveling with a toddler, I am leaning towards Casas Pura Vida now because it seems as though it may be a little more comfortable for us all.. I was under the impression that this property was outside of town and it would be impossible for us to walk anywhere. Thanks again!

3. Re: Casas Pura Vida vs. Hotel Nautilus

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 am, December 19, 2010