We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Question about the airport in San Jose

Which Santa Teresa hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Dallas, TX
reviews: 29
Question about the airport in San Jose

I'm sure that Road Advisor can help me with this. We are flying into San Jose from Panama City, arriving at approximate 11:30 AM. Can you tell me what to expect in terms of customs?

I need to schedule a flight to Tambor so that we can get to Santa Teresa. How much time should I allow?

Thanks!

San Jose, Costa Rica
Destination Expert
for Costa Rica
1. Re: Question about the airport in San Jose

Let me try...now days our airport is busy almost all day long...I pick up a lot of people around noon...and not based on any stadistics, just my personal opinion...I will said that is busy...AA is arriving around that time...DL...Iberia...Continental...Spirit...Jet Blue...but the good news...costums is fast...they do no check your luggage that much!

If your flight arrives 11:30am sharp...you will be outside by 12:15PM or even less depends how many pieces of luggage you may have...

Maybe you can think about a flight around 12:45PM or later!

Again thank you for asking...do not hesitate to ask a question any time!

roadadvisor

Costa Rica
reviews: 23
2. Re: Question about the airport in San Jose

I find that roadadvisor is a lot more optimistic than I am! While I agree with mi amigo about customs not taking very much time, if you are arriving the same time as several other flights, it could be crowded in passport control (migracion) or it could take some time to retrieve your baggage. As we all know by now, air travel these days can be a difficult thing and if your flight takes off late, for instance, you would need to factor this in.

Part of the answer has to do with which airline you are flying on - if it is Sansa, it's in a part of SJO about 5 minutes away from the main terminal. If it is NatureAir, they fly out of the Bolanos airport in Pavas, a suburb of San Jose, and the trip there can be anywhere from 20 minutes to an hour, depending on traffic, etc. If it were me, I would allow about 2 hours between flights if leaving on Sansa and 2.5 or more if leaving on NatureAir.

You might whiz through everything and sit twiddling your thumbs and cursing yourself for taking my advice - and cursing me - but I would hate for you to experience some delays and just wave bye bye as your plane takes off for Tambor.

Atlanta
Destination Expert
for Jaco, Bocas Town
reviews: 110
3. Re: Question about the airport in San Jose

You also have to add that your flight might be delayed. Easily you could arrive 1 hour late.

There isn't really a straight answer to this question.

4. Re: Question about the airport in San Jose

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:38 am, November 13, 2010