We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Casa Marbella or Gumbo Limbo?

Which Santa Teresa hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Boston...
reviews: 14
Casa Marbella or Gumbo Limbo?

So my husband and I visited the area in September 2008 on our honeymoon and can't wait to go back. The only this is we can't afford to stay in our old hotel Casa Chameleon in Mal Pais and we are looking for some place new. I have narrowed it down to Casa Marbella or Gumbo Limbo- unless anyone else has other suggestions??

Thanks!

Santa Teresa, Costa...
Destination Expert
for Mal Pais, Santa Teresa
reviews: 10
1. Re: Casa Marbella or Gumbo Limbo?

Casa Marbella is gorgeous. Both places are on a hill and overlook the beach and activity along the road and beach below.

Basically a coin flip.

burlington ontario
reviews: 5
2. Re: Casa Marbella or Gumbo Limbo?

Don't know what the prices are like at those places but we were down in Feb. and stayed at Beach Song House in Santa Teresa (right on the beach) and loved it. It may be too big for what you're looking for as it is a two bedroom house. If you're surfers, it's on your doorstep. Well appointed and beautiful a/c. A visitors book gives you info on all local activities.

Have fun

3. Re: Casa Marbella or Gumbo Limbo?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 6:35 pm, March 27, 2010
San Clemente, CA
reviews: 3
4. Re: Casa Marbella or Gumbo Limbo?

My wife and I have stayed at Gumbo Limbo twice in the last year. We stayed for ten days in June and then returned for Christmas/New Years 2010 for another ten-day visit. Both times we stayed in Villa Indio. I highly recommend either of the villas, although we prefer Vill Indio due to the fact that you have a private pool outside your front deck.

The views are amazing and the staff is awesome. Sonny is the man! His partner Mikaeli (sp?) is a great Italian guy who's dinners at the on-site restaurant are not to be missed. He even gave me an impromptu Spanish lesson for two hours over lunch one day!

I haven't stayed at Marbella, but I can't recommend Gumbo Limbo highly enough. Have a great vacation wherever you stay and...Pura Vida!!!

Edited: 8:19 pm, April 07, 2010
San Jose, Costa Rica
Destination Expert
for Costa Rica
5. Re: Casa Marbella or Gumbo Limbo?

Gumbo Limbo...great place...good location...good views!

raodadvisor

Albany, NY
reviews: 4
6. Re: Casa Marbella or Gumbo Limbo?

Gumbo Limbo looks beautiful - hadn't seen it before reading this post. Do you need a car if you plan to stay there? Is it nicer to stay in Santa Teresa as opposed to Montezuma?

Boston...
reviews: 14
7. Re: Casa Marbella or Gumbo Limbo?

Depends. Santa Teresa/Mal Pais is an awesome little place and I love the freedom of having a car. I'm sure you can get around just fine by foot but with a call you can explore the whole area, including Montezuma

8. Re: Casa Marbella or Gumbo Limbo?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, October 06, 2010