We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

surf board rentals?

Which Santa Teresa hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Willow Creek
reviews: 2
surf board rentals?

What's the scoop with surf board rentals in Santa Teresa...both availability and weekly rates. I am a beginner surfer and don't want to rent anything too intense.

Boston...
reviews: 8
1. Re: surf board rentals?

Hey dude, take a look at this.

…latimes.com/daily-deal-blog/…

Lake Havasu City...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Viejo de Talamanca
reviews: 4
2. Re: surf board rentals?

You won't have a problem finding a good beginner board to rent, stick to Playa El Carmen for mellow waves and less rip tides.

Willow Creek
reviews: 2
3. Re: surf board rentals?

Do you know what the is to rent one...I wonder if it worth just bringing one from home on the plane?

Boston...
reviews: 8
4. Re: surf board rentals?

Did you read the article?

Lake Havasu City...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Viejo de Talamanca
reviews: 4
5. Re: surf board rentals?

Don't bring one, you should be able to rent for about $100/week. Some airlines charge close to $200 each way,

Tamarindo
reviews: 1
6. Re: surf board rentals?

I was able to find one on craigslist for $200. I would recommend buying used down here and sell it to a shop before you leave.

Alabama
reviews: 19
7. Re: surf board rentals?

I was at Blue Surf Sanctuary in Santa Teresa last week. They rent boards for $10-15 dollars a day. They mostly have beginner boards, so it should be good for you. We went up to Playa Hermosa (next beach North of ST) for better beginner waves.

It is very expensive to bring your own board. One guy staying at our place said he paid about $150 each way to bring his down from So Cal.

Santa Teresa
8. Re: surf board rentals?

Huge selection of beginner boards here ranging from $7 - $12 half or full day!

Edited: 10:00 pm, January 10, 2010
San Jose, Costa Rica
Destination Expert
for Costa Rica
9. Re: surf board rentals?

Great deals around...dealing now days with airlines is insane...just rent one once in Santa Tereza

Luis

Denver, CO
reviews: 1
10. Re: surf board rentals?

Would love to hear your opinion about your stay at blue surf sanctuary. I am thinking about going there for a week at the end of May for their suf/yoga package. While I saw your other post about your overall vacation I would like to hear more specifics about Blue Surf. seems a bit expensive, did you find it worth it? Cleanliness, safety? As a beginner surfer did you find the waves manageable? I was just reading that Tamarindo is the best place for novices but Santa Teresa seems more tranquil. Any advice you, or others could give would be appreciated. The other place I am considering in 'Santa Teresa is Lucero.