We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tours From Sol Papagayo

Which Playa Panama hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Canada
reviews: 12
Tours From Sol Papagayo

We're going to the Sol Papagayo and wondered if we would be better off booking tours, or...renting a car and going to the locations ourselves.

Any input or help would be apprecitated.

2 replies to this topic
Costa Rica
reviews: 7
1. Re: Tours From Sol Papagayo

Sol Papagayo is too far away from the towns of Hermosa and Coco, where the restaurants, souvenir shops and tour vendors are, to walk or bike. So unless you want to hang out mostly at the hotel and the beach around there and take a taxi when you need to (which can run about $15-20 each way to Playa del Coco) I would suggest renting a car. You can drive yourself to the Palo Verde Boat Tour or to Coco to hop on a boat for a fishing or sailing or snorkeling or scuba trip,

You can drive yourself to Rincon de la Vieja and stop whenever you feel like it...

Or, you can hire drivers and guides to do the whole thing for you, so you can sit back and look out the window without worrying about directions.

In my personal experience, I prefer to have a car to come and go freely. If you do rent a car, try not to drive at night if you can help it, and if you have to drive at night, drive slow.

guanacaste
reviews: 31
2. Re: Tours From Sol Papagayo

rent a car and go with your family to Rincon de la Vieja, The park closes on Mondays.

Reply to: Tours From Sol Papagayo
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted