We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

College Football

Chicago, Illinois
College Football

I'll be in Costa Rica at the end of August which coincides with the beginning of college football season in the states. I'm interested in a game that will be broadcast on ABC nationally in the States. Any suggestions as to if I'll be able to potentially find this game on cable in Costa Rica or if there is a place to visit in Gulf of Papagayo that might carry it?

Chandler, Arizona
reviews: 6
1. Re: College Football

This probably isn't my place to say but what the hell. You're in an amazing country with evidently an amazing woman since you're on your honeymoon, its one damn game, forget about it and just enjoy where you're at with who you're with.

BTW I've been married 32 years, just got back from CR and love football as much as the next guy.

Dave

Edited: 8:40 pm, July 09, 2013
Seattle, Washington
Destination Expert
for Seattle, Washington
reviews: 7
2. Re: College Football

Not sure about ABC, but I think that ESPN is available on cable in CR. I wouldn't swear to it though...

Haha, Snorkelboy - don't hold back. Tell us what you REALLY think! ;o)

Chandler, Arizona
reviews: 6
3. Re: College Football

haha, yeah i never,ever preach to people but I guess I wanted to share some of my own personal regrets from when I was young with my focus on football as opposed to other more important things. Have an awesome adventure on your honeymoon.

Dave

Bx
reviews: 18
4. Re: College Football

Every Cable company seems to have a ABC, CBS, and NBC feed (Which feeds depend upon the Cable company, its usually either NY or south Florida).

The local bars will be showing the soccer games, so watch it in the hotel room or find a Gringo sports bar.

5. Re: College Football

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, July 12, 2014