We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

October or November?

Which Gulf of Papagayo hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
October or November?

My husband and I are hoping to celebrate our fifth anniversary with one week at the FS. We are available to take this trip anytime in October or early November. When during this six week block would we have the best chance of good weather, in your expert opinion? Does rainy season cover that entire time? Will roads be closed? Would we be able to go to Monteverde and see Arenal? Thanks!

4 replies to this topic
Calgary, Canada
reviews: 44
1. Re: October or November?

Hi Llana314 - we went the first two weeks of November in 2011 and the weather was fantastic. Not a drop of rain at all.

We also did the Monteverde trip and it was amazing ! PM me if you have any questions

San Jose, Costa Rica
Destination Expert
for Costa Rica
2. Re: October or November?

Great weather around Caribbean side of the country...maybe dome nights around Arenal Volcano then to the beach...Arenal is at yhe Caribbean side of our country...

More chances of rain around Pacific...

Roafadvisor

guanacaste
reviews: 31
3. Re: October or November?

Here is a site used a lot by my friend Hattie that can help you costa-rica-guide.com/Weather/WeatherMap.html

I can assure it does'nt rain all day , even in October.

Remeber to set aside a day for Rincon de la Vieja Volcano, very close and full of nature and adventure and waterfalls and ....

Playas del Coco
4. Re: October or November?

Northwestern CR from Liberia to Playas del Coco has a micro climate and never rains from 11/1 to May 1....ps fishing and whale watching is really good through Novemenber...congrats and best wishes

Reply to: October or November?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted