We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Affordable fishing and snorkeling tour

Which Gulf of Papagayo hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Toronto, Canada
reviews: 3
Affordable fishing and snorkeling tour

I am looking for an affordable short fishing and snorkeling tour out of Playa Hermosa, Playa del Coco, or Playa Panama. I promised my 9 yo that we can try to go fishing, but can't find anything reasonably priced. The goal is to find something in the range $65-$75 per person.

Thanks!

Costa Rica
reviews: 23
1. Re: Affordable fishing and snorkeling tour

I would check with Seabird and Marlin del Rey. They have half-day trips that might be in your price range.

guanacaste
reviews: 31
2. Re: Affordable fishing and snorkeling tour

for snorkelling out of Coco contact Brenda or Martin http://richcoastdiving.com/

La Fortuna de San...
Destination Expert
for La Fortuna de San Carlos
reviews: 7
3. Re: Affordable fishing and snorkeling tour

Lazy Lizard runs a great catamaran and snorkeling tour out of Flamingo. This could be an option if you have a rental car. They also throw in a little fishing and have kayaks as well. http://lazylizardsailing.com/tours.htm

San Jose, Costa Rica
Destination Expert
for Costa Rica
4. Re: Affordable fishing and snorkeling tour

Good advice so far...and yes the best is to shop around once your are here,,,

roadadvisor

Costa Rica
reviews: 7
5. Re: Affordable fishing and snorkeling tour

Shop around online and when you are here. If you walk in to a shop that is only selling tours, chance is they are charging more than the tour operators. That is why we post our rates directly on our brochures and website, in order to try to prevent the street vendors, hotel receptionists and tour stores from charging more to the travelers.

If you wait until you get here to book a tour and you walk in to a tour office, ask their rates and find out the name of the boat they are trying to sell you (and they will not tell you ALL of your options, there are many now!) then get to a computer or your ipad/iphone and find out how much the actual tour operator is charging.

I remember some guests came on our boat and they had purchased our tour through the hotel. Of course they talked to the other clients on the boat who had booked directly with us. The ones who booked with us paid $69 per person and the ones who booked through the hotel paid $110 per person!!!! I emailed the tour vendors and told them that we post our rates directly on brochures and websites in order to prevent that and of course they stopped selling our tours. I'm sorry, they don't pay the crew, they don't maintain the ship we run, all they did was make a phone call to us and they get to keep about 50% of what the guests pay? I don't think so, we don't play that way.

Atlanta, GA
reviews: 1
6. Re: Affordable fishing and snorkeling tour

Fishing is going to be hard to get in that price range, unless you can find a shared boat option somewhere, and even then, offshore is probably out of that budget even on a half day. Check with the shop at Ocotal Beach Resort - they have reasonable snorkeling excursions and a solid operation (one of the best dive shops in the area). They might also be able to assist with the fishing, they have it, but not that inexpensive.

7. Re: Affordable fishing and snorkeling tour

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, July 07, 2014