We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help required for 8 night stay 2 adults

Which Gulf of Papagayo hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
bishops stortford
reviews: 35
Help required for 8 night stay 2 adults

We have decided to take a break 4th Ocotober for 8 nights at short notice we normally plan at least a year ahead and I have always wanted to visit Costa Rica.

We can get great flights from the UK with United and my plan was to fly into Liberia stay in Papagayo for 8 nights as base leave the bulk of our luggae at the main hotel and visit Arenal & Monteverde night in each and then a day trip to Rincon de la vieja.

For this I was not sure if we should hire a driver from Papagayo to drive us round the loop and the day trip to Rincon or to hire something like a Ford Explorer and drive , we do not want to be part of a larger organised group.

I now have another dilema it has been suggested to fly into San Jose and take a loop from there just covering Arenal & Monteverde.

I know we will only scratch the surface with this quick break but this eats all of what is left of our holidays!

Costa Rica
reviews: 26
11. Re: Help required for 8 night stay 2 adults

There are three hotels very close to the airport: Hilton Garden Inn, Rincon del Llano and Hotel Santa Ana -- listed in order of price (high to low). In addition, either Playa Hermosa or Playas del Coco are about 30 minutes away so pretty easy to spend your first night at the beach. The town of Liberia is about 12 km from the airport in the opposite direction from the beaches.

If you are going to Arenal the next morning, you might take a look at Best Western Las Espuelas, It's about 20 minutes from the airport and "on the way" to Arenal. I have stayed there a couple of times and like it very much. Large, comfortable rooms with good air conditioning, set back from the highway so no noise, good breakfast included and a nice swimming pool.

guanacaste
reviews: 31
12. Re: Help required for 8 night stay 2 adults

I agree with Hattie 100%

bishops stortford
13. Re: Help required for 8 night stay 2 adults

Think going to go with the Hilton have to collect my car from Europcar sunday morning about 08:00 which I think is about 5km from the airport , by the time we land and clear immigration I should think it will be getting on for 22:00 so really dont want to being going far as we will have been on the go just short of 22 hours.

You guys have been inavaluable

bishops stortford
14. Re: Help required for 8 night stay 2 adults

Looking at staying here for Arenal

http://treehouseshotelcostarica.com

and here for Monteverde

http://cabinascapulin.com/51.html

15. Re: Help required for 8 night stay 2 adults

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 am, March 24, 2014