We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather in May

Which Gulf of Papagayo hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Henderson, Nevada
reviews: 6
Weather in May

My husband and I are going to the Grand Papagayo in Guanacaste May 11th for a week. What is the weather like then and do they get alot of rain?

Costa Rica
reviews: 23
1. Re: Weather in May

May is a great time to be on the northern Guanacaste coast. Most of the rain is in late afternoon or evening and it's a slow time so not a lot of crowds anywhere. Lots of flowers blooming everywhere.

guanacaste
reviews: 31
2. Re: Weather in May

Not a lot of rain, most likely afternoon showers.

As for temperature, a lot cooler.

Consider a day trip to Rincon de la Vieja Volcano, active, fun to explore, lots of watefalls, hot springs, the closest volcano to the beach, no more than 60 km.

Costa Rica
reviews: 7
3. Re: Weather in May

There was very little rain last year in May. The first rain was earlier than the year before, in April, but then it dried up again and was a super dry year. I wonder if this year will be a little wetter? I hope so! I love the afternoon rain showers.....rainbows, beautiful thunder and lightning storms and amazing sunsets!

My favorite time of year!

4. Re: Weather in May

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:19 am, March 11, 2014