We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

going in march first week

barrie area
reviews: 6
going in march first week

were going march 4th and staying at the allegro occidental papayago we want to do the boat trip where you see the wildlife .... was wondering if when you travel there will u by chancce see liberia i have no idea distances etc and what compaany that would do that when we gt t the hotel . does anyone know how much the costs are ????????? what also can u take for gifts what is difficult to get there that we can get i canada???? any help

thanks

chris

Costa Rica
reviews: 7
1. Re: going in march first week

What kind of wild life are you wanting to see? Sea life or a river life?

There are all kinds of boats here to go out on the ocean for various activities like sport fishing, sailing, snorkeling, sunset cruises, scuba diving, surfing, and any of those tours your're bound to see dolphins, turtles, whales, rays and other sea creatures.

If you are asking about a river tour there is one called Palo Verde River Tour, http://www.paloverdeboattours.com/

On that trip you will see all kinds of birds, crocs and possibly monkeys.

That help, Chris?

Heather

guanacaste
reviews: 33
2. Re: going in march first week

Yes Palo Verde is the place for a boat trip with nature.

Another day trip is Rincon de la Vieja Volcano, for nature and adventure, the volcano is active and it is really close to Liberia, just 25 minutes with a new paved road.

Hamilton, Canada
3. Re: going in march first week

Hi Chris,

It looks like you have some little kiddos :) We are travelling to the same hotel on the same date and we have 3 kids (aged 9,7 and 4 years). Thank you for posting your question - I hope you have a great trip!

barrie area
4. Re: going in march first week

u leaving form toronto as qwelll this trip the kids willl be at my moms hope to hook up with you while we are there last name is bell

Hamilton, Canada
5. Re: going in march first week

Just found out today that we will be leaving the next day (on the 5th) yes, from Toronto. Are you kidding me?? The last people you'll want to hang out with is the family with 3 kids while you're on your vacation! I won't blame you one bit. I'll be the bedraggled mom schlepping children, hand sanitizer and beach toys, living vicariously through you... so have fun okay! :)

Costa Rica
reviews: 26
6. Re: going in march first week

chris: Don't bother bringing any gifts. Pretty much everything you can get in Canada, we can get here. (Except snow!) Just tip liberally and that will be a great "gift."

The boat trip described by SeaBird is great but the Sea Bird also has a sunset boat cruise (or others) that you might enjoy. Take a look here: http://www.seabirdsailingexcursions.com/

Also excellent activities at Guachipelin which is near Rincon de la Vieja, especially their One Day Adventure Pass http://www.guachipelin.com/one-day-pass.html

This will help you with distances, travel times and directions: www.yourtravelmap.com

7. Re: going in march first week

There are many tours you can take from your resort...a bit costly $200+ so you will have to decide...bring a lot of $1s (US) and small change because you will be tipping.

Liberia population is 50,000...close by...all 25-30 minutes from the airport...be careful on the weight of your luggage because they will slap you with hefty charges...

Make sure your passport has at least 6months left on it or they won't let you on the plane at Pearson...

All of the tours we took were well run.

Costa Rica
reviews: 26
8. Re: going in march first week

Bruno - there are quite a few tours less than $200, actually. Sorry you got stuck with such expensive stuff!

You don't have to tip in US dollars - you can use the local currency which is the colon. But yes, if you decide to tip in US dollars, bring small bills that are in good condition - no rips or tears. Keep in mind that if you tip in dollars, that will mean a trip to the bank to exchange the dollars since he/she cannot pay the rent or the electric bill with US dollars.

barrie area
9. Re: going in march first week

lol thats funny hopefully they will have a good kids club for you

barrie area
10. Re: going in march first week

passport question ??? did they by chance stop you my ta says it sjould be fine as mine expire in 3 months as cost rica debating weather to go to passport office sat to get it renewed

Get answers to your questions about Gulf of Papagayo