We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New Riu Palace

Which Gulf of Papagayo hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
port perry
reviews: 3
New Riu Palace

Although the Riu Guanacaste does get some good reviews, discussions on the forum, not so much.

Was the new Riu Palace built more so in keeping up with environmental concerns? Hope so, as I do like the Riu chain of hotels.

San Jose, Costa Rica
Destination Expert
for Costa Rica
21. Re: New Riu Palace

Thank you CAna Tico...nice answer...of course a lot better with your English than with my broken English...but not matter how...you are totally correct!

roadadvisor

Chicago
reviews: 8
22. Re: New Riu Palace

Thank you for your responses. I was aware that locals would get a better deal when they come for the weekend then us foreigners would get. Just found it odd that if the RIU was so hated, that is in fact the locals that are keeping them in business by coming by the hundreds on weekends. Thanks again for chiming in, I was hoping for the polite responses I got then some of the posts I've seen in the past with people really hateful. Thanks again

Bermuda
Destination Expert
for Bermuda
reviews: 26
23. Re: New Riu Palace

Some are unaware and some don't care, locals or visitors. Many of us here really care deeply and would like for everyone who asks about the riu to be informed of the riu's history and track record so they can make an informed choice.

San Jose, Costa Rica
Destination Expert
for Costa Rica
24. Re: New Riu Palace

Great place to have cheap food and cheap drinks...where once great animals use to play around free..BASICALLY it is a huge monunent to dead monkies...

Roadadvisor

Downers Grove...
25. Re: New Riu Palace

I wanted that location because of the monkeys that were there last year. This is awful news.

Omaha, Nebraska
reviews: 11
26. Re: New Riu Palace

Why do I keep seeing the same postings, word for word? Is it a problem with the site?

Cahuita, Costa Rica
Destination Expert
for Cahuita
reviews: 7
27. Re: New Riu Palace

It is wonderful to see that this thread has not broken down into name calling and cat fighting, but the RIU issue provokes strong feelings and so strong reactions. I hope that gradually an awareness of why this hotel is undesirable at a destination in Costa Rica will filter through without the bitterness that has previously appeared. The facts are undeniable. The construction of this hotel illegally damaged the environment and should you know this and then stay there, it would suggest that you are condoning this behaviour. Hopefully, this will also happen in Costa Rica itself.

28. Re: New Riu Palace

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, March 03, 2014