We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Drive time

Which Gulf of Papagayo hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Colorado Springs
reviews: 16
Drive time

Hello my wife and I are going to Costa Rica October 13th for the first time. I really would like to try surfing and here Tamarindo is the place to go. How long of a drive can i expect and what conditions can I expect that time of year? Thank you.

Tamarindo, Costa...
1. Re: Drive time

Hey Joe, where will you be driving from? The drive from the Gulf of Papagayo is about 1.5 hours. As for surfing and conditions, the actual beach break here is best at mid-high tide. During the dates of your vacation, you should be planning on surfing during the late morning to early afternoon, which are also good times due to the weather. Check out Waves Costa Rica for some quality surf instruction and board rentals.

San Jose, Costa Rica
2. Re: Drive time

If you are landing at SJO...the drive is about 4 hours...

If you are landing in LIR the drive about 1 hour 20 minutes...

Please enjoy our country as much as we NATIVES do!

roadadvisor

Colorado Springs
reviews: 16
3. Re: Drive time

Sorry guys we are staying at the allegro papagayo, who would you suggest for lessons. I am a novice 6'2" 235 lbs guy. I tried once in cabo san Lucas and the rental was short a I couldn't stand up to save my life. Looking for a good lesson so I can rub it in to my friend that I surfed.

guanacaste
reviews: 32
4. Re: Drive time

try contacting info@crunique.com for info on that area

Toronto
5. Re: Drive time

Driving time from Colorado Springs is about 57 hours. Plus time spent at the border crossings. Plus any time spent in local jails if you don't have enough bribe money at the border. Have fun. ;)

6. Re: Drive time

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:17 pm, August 21, 2013