We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taxi's from airport

Atlanta, GA
Taxi's from airport

Hi! My husband and I will be traveling to CR on June 8. We're flying into Liberia and are staying at the Occidental Grand. My question is will there be taxi's readily available at the airport for us once we get there? Also, how much would a typical cab fare cost for two to get to the Occidental? Thanks, and any insight into this will be very helpful! This is our first trip to CR!

San Jose, Costa Rica
1. Re: Taxi's from airport

yes, they will be taxis available. The cost is approx $50.00

Atlanta, GA
2. Re: Taxi's from airport

Would that be the cost per person or the total for both us? Thanks so much for your reply!

San Jose, Costa Rica
3. Re: Taxi's from airport

That would be total not per person

Grecia, Costa Rica
reviews: 15
4. Re: Taxi's from airport

Good deal at $50US, I got a quote of $54US through Grayline Shuttles https:/…

San Jose, Costa Rica
5. Re: Taxi's from airport

Plenty taxis available...try to get a official taxi ...avoid pirate taxis...

roadadvisor

Atlanta, GA
6. Re: Taxi's from airport

Are the official taxi's labeled? Thank you for your help!

Grecia, Costa Rica
reviews: 15
7. Re: Taxi's from airport

Yes, red taxis with yellow triangles on the door. Some airport taxis are orange, and clearly marked as so. The previous post is warning you not to use an unlicensed "personal car" type taxi, as some entrepreneurs skulk around restaurants and bars trying to make a few dollars. At the airport and the resort, you won't encounter them. Off the resort, and/or in town, just be aware.

San Jose, Costa Rica
8. Re: Taxi's from airport

Be aware that pirate taxis now days are every where...no taxis plates ...not a number on the door...please do not take a chance!

roadadvisor

Dearborn, Michigan
reviews: 9
9. Re: Taxi's from airport

I think the taxi and car rental people in Liberia seem a little overwhelming (compared to SJO). So just step back if you're not sure, see what other people are doing and take your time.

The hotel doesn't have anyone they make arrangements with?

Gary

Atlanta, GA
10. Re: Taxi's from airport

Gary, the company we used to book our vacation through has a company they use for pick up at the airport, but they wanted to charge us $80 one way. I thought it was a little expensive. We'll be cautious with finding a taxi at LIR. I definitely don't want to get ripped off!

Get answers to your questions about Gulf of Papagayo