We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dreams Costa Rica?

Which Gulf of Papagayo hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Renfrew, Ontario...
reviews: 5
Dreams Costa Rica?

Hi - I read that Dreams is opening up a resort in Costa Rica by the end of Dec. 2012. Does anybody have any information about this? I can't find any recent information at all.

Thanks,

R

16 replies to this topic
Gulf of Papagayo...
1. Re: Dreams Costa Rica?

Acording to this link www.camaracbr.or.cr/content_detail.php?id=233 these project will come at costa rica and will be located at la cruz, in the north part of guanacaste

charlestown rhode...
reviews: 15
2. Re: Dreams Costa Rica?

Great. Just what Costa Rica needs......

San Jose, Costa Rica
Destination Expert
for Costa Rica
3. Re: Dreams Costa Rica?

Nice group of local investors...and some foreign money...but they know what they are doing and of course money is not the problem...some of the best hotels in our country were build by the same people...

roadadvisor

Calgary, Canada
reviews: 66
4. Re: Dreams Costa Rica?

OCTOBER 2014 is official opening date. May be soft open by July. Weather makes it tough to build! this is 100% accurate!

Missoula
reviews: 1
5. Re: Dreams Costa Rica?

Now the latest is Nov. 2014. Can't wait!!

Wirral, United...
reviews: 21
6. Re: Dreams Costa Rica?

And "new" latest is Dreams Las Mareas, Opening December 2014.

http://www.dreamsresorts.com/las-mareas

Feasterville...
reviews: 14
7. Re: Dreams Costa Rica?

Now the opening is November 1st, 2014. I checked the rates and they are pretty high imo.

11/22/2014-11/29/2014 for 2 adults and 1 child $3255.00 for the junior suite jungle view; $3675-pref jungle view.

Costa Rica
reviews: 24
8. Re: Dreams Costa Rica?

It's my understanding that the resort is going to be at Bahia Salinas which is north of Papagayo. It's a beautiful area with very little development. I'm puzzled about the "white sugar sand beach" as advertised and wonder which country they will be importing the sand from to make this beach. lol....

Feasterville...
reviews: 14
9. Re: Dreams Costa Rica?

Oh,

I am very new to Costa Rica, never've been there, but always wanted.

The pictures and video of the resort look very nice. I thought that it will be very nice to go there.

But I guess there will be no "white sugar sand beach".

We already got burned once after reading the description of one resort in Mexico, went there only to find out that the half of it was not true and had to move to another resort.

Thank you for your comments

Edited: 2:05 pm, January 17, 2014
Costa Rica
reviews: 24
10. Re: Dreams Costa Rica?

Sofyia - Please don't mistake my comment as accusing them of some kind of "scam" - it's just that I have been in that area several times and have not seen ANY "white sugar sand beaches." Many resorts in many places bring in sand to put on their beaches. It's not for me - I prefer my beach "natural" and I prefer the "natural" beaches in Costa Rica - which are not white sugar sand, with a few exceptions.

I respect roadadvisor's opinion in this matter and, in fact, I haven't seen anything in the local news (or even worth of mouth) that indicates there are problems with this resort. Maybe just wait until it's built and you can check some reviews. There's really no "Badge of Honor" for going to a resort the first week they open!

Reply to: Dreams Costa Rica?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted