We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hilton Papagayo Costa Rica Resort & Spa beaches

Harrisburg, PA
Hilton Papagayo Costa Rica Resort & Spa beaches

My fiancee and I are looking to have our wedding at Hilton Papagayo Costa Rica Resort & Spa. Because it is on the Pacific Ocean, we were wondering what the ocean water was like at the resort. Is it clear? Any help and/or feedback about this hotel would be much appreciated!

Liberia, Costa Rica
1. Re: Hilton Papagayo Costa Rica Resort & Spa beaches

The ocean water is clear, warm and also it is a bay so there are no waves. The low tide allows more beach sandy area and I know the weddings have had great results.

At what time of the year are you planning this event?

Alejandro

Le Claire, Iowa
2. Re: Hilton Papagayo Costa Rica Resort & Spa beaches

I LOVEed this resort! We just returned home on Friday...the sand is black (volcanic) and the typical Pacific brown/gold, not white. So, the water appears darker, but yes, clear. Depending on time of day, will depend on the width of the beach...it is not overly wide.

It is a beautiful location for a wedding! The sunset is awesome too!

Calgary, Canada
reviews: 45
3. Re: Hilton Papagayo Costa Rica Resort & Spa beaches

luvcaribeIowa - waiting anxiously for your review......

charlottesville
reviews: 83
4. Re: Hilton Papagayo Costa Rica Resort & Spa beaches

My husband and i had our wedding at the Hilton Papagayo last spring (april 2010). Overall, our wedding experience was pretty good; however, the wedding planner (andre) was slow to respond to my emails as the wedding date got closer which created some anxiety for me. He also wasn't as accurate with his response as i am accustomed to. That said, once the day of the wedding arrived, everything went smoothly. The beach location was beautiful complete with a stunning sunset. The photographer we used was amazing and shot some really breathtaking photos. The service during our reception was perfect (the service at other times during our stay was NOT so perfect). We were also able to negotiate down the price of the reception by asking for less expensive dinner options. And, they ended up throwing in a few "extras" without charge. The lawyer who performed the ceremony let us write the entire ceremony and we didn't have any trouble getting the legal documents (including the translation) in the time specified by the resort. The only drawback to the location was that the sand is dark & hot and stuck to everything (including the hem of my dress!). Here's a link to my tripadvisor review:

tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g635535-d301…

If you're interested in seeing real photos of a real wedding there, please reply to me and i'll send you a link to the website that featured our wedding.

Good luck!

Los Angeles...
reviews: 4
5. Re: Hilton Papagayo Costa Rica Resort & Spa beaches

Hilton is a great location inside the bay which is calm and warm. One of the funniest tours was the Marlin Sailing Tour. huge catamaran that had food, open bar, snorkeling and sunset sail. excellent.

www.marlinsailingtours.com

Colorado Springs...
reviews: 2
6. Re: Hilton Papagayo Costa Rica Resort & Spa beaches

How many guests did you have? And if you do not mind my asking, how much did you plan on spending and actually end up spending on the wedding?

San Jose, Costa Rica
7. Re: Hilton Papagayo Costa Rica Resort & Spa beaches

One of the best places to have a nice wedding...congratulations...good choice...

roadadvisor

8. Re: Hilton Papagayo Costa Rica Resort & Spa beaches

Hi there,

My brother in law is looking into the Hilton for his wedding February of 2012. I'd love to forward link of your pictures to his fiancé. How large was your wedding party?

Thanks in advance!

Meags

Denver, Colorado
reviews: 113
9. Re: Hilton Papagayo Costa Rica Resort & Spa beaches

How much is it to rent a car a day from hotel? Is their any shopping at the resort or in nearby towns? DOES THE HOTEL HAVE WIFI?How is the snorkling at the hotel? Thanks!

34 sleeps till trip! I MAY WANT TO SHARE A CAR RENTAL 6-3 THRU 6-10!

COLORADO BOOMERS!ANYONE INTERESTED?

guanacaste
reviews: 31
10. Re: Hilton Papagayo Costa Rica Resort & Spa beaches

Make sure to visit Rincon de la Vieja volcano National Park. Lots of volcanic activity , so easy to see and easy to explore.