We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hamanasi -- Get the room or the packages w/tours?

Which Hopkins hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
virginia
reviews: 6
Hamanasi -- Get the room or the packages w/tours?

Thinking of a trip to Hamanasi next Feb with our son (11). They have a bunch of packages that include tours and transfers from Belize Airport, or you can get the room alone (or just room+transfer, without tours). Does anyone recommend which way to book this? Are there other good tour companies going out of Hopkins, or should we stick with Hamanasi's tours?

Thanks!

Placencia, Belize
reviews: 9
1. Re: Hamanasi -- Get the room or the packages w/tours?

Hamanasi is a lovely property I am sure you will have a great time. You might want to compare prices Package vs. Single tours. There are a lot of very good Tour Operators in Hopkins and it is always good to help the local operators.

You can get some quotes from local operators and compare, http://www.roambelize.com/our-location.html cater to children a lot (booster seats etc).

A few tours to consider while in the area:

* Zip line and waterfall rappelling

* Cockscomb waterfalls, river tubing and jungle hikes

* Horseback Riding

* Xunantunich Mayan Ruins and Inland Blue Hole (Cayo)

Have a great time!

Edited: 3:58 pm, October 10, 2013
belize
Destination Expert
for Belize, Placencia, Ambergris Caye, Cayo, San Ignacio
reviews: 4
2. Re: Hamanasi -- Get the room or the packages w/tours?

If their package offers the trips you want, I would book that. Only down side to these packages are that you are tied down to having your meals at these inns, when there are other nice places to dine in walking distance. www.bocawinaadventures.com I would certainly book all my water trips direct with Hamanasi.

Hopkins
reviews: 3
3. Re: Hamanasi -- Get the room or the packages w/tours?

I agree with post #2, except I m not sure if she is thinking that you have to include meals at the resort if you book the tour packge. Usually you can opt out of the meals when you take a tour package. Definitely do not get the meal package, although Hamanasi has great food, and I think their lunches are an excellent value, you would be missing out on the wonderful beachside restaurants in the village such as Driftwood and Laruni Hati or Chef Rob's, just a short stroll up the beach

Vancouver, Canada
reviews: 69
4. Re: Hamanasi -- Get the room or the packages w/tours?

We have stayed at Hamanansi twice now and have really enjoyed it. It is a beautiful, well run, friendly place to stay. It's a "treat" budget wise. I would go a la carte.

1. The tours are offered on specific days of the week. Buying a package means you go on the tours on the days they are offered. It's nice to pick and choose. If their tours and specific days are not listed on the website, phone or email them and ask. What if you don't feel like hiking on a certain day?

2. Their breakfast buffet is really good as is their lunch and dinner menus. But, it is fun to go to town for dinner or ride bikes into town for lunch. It's nice not to be limited to one restaurant - even though it's a very good one!

3.Having them pick you up is a good idea - either from Belize City or fly to Dangriga.

virginia
reviews: 6
5. Re: Hamanasi -- Get the room or the packages w/tours?

Thanks all. I think I'll include the tours, but as suggested do the meals a la carte. We'd like to option to go elsewhere for meals, 7 days at the same place sounds a bit repetitive.

We are thinking of doing these tours through the hotel...

Monday -- Mayflower Waterfall Hike

Tuesday -- Barrier Reef Snorkeling

Wednesday -- Caves & Jungle Adventure

Thursday -- Jungle River Kayaking & Canoeing

Friday -- Magical Mayan History Tour

We'd also like to do a ziplining thing one day, so I'll look into that.

Thanks for the advice!

6. Re: Hamanasi -- Get the room or the packages w/tours?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, October 14, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Hopkins
Recent Conversations