We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Honeymoon in October!

Which Hopkins hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Lexington, Kentucky
reviews: 11
Honeymoon in October!

I am so very excited! We just booked our Belize honeymoon today! We decided to go with a jungle/beach package and stay at the Sleeping Giant Resort and the Almond Beach Resort. We get 2 excursions with the package and we want to do the tubing in the caves and the Guatemalan mayan ruin day trip. Once at Almond beach we cannot wait to try all of the restaurants! (Or as many as we can!) If we want to go into town and bring back beer and rum to have at the resort (To save a few bucks) how much should we expect to pay at the grocery or liquor store for those things? Hoping the weather is good for us. I don't mind short showers or rain at night but hoping all day rain showers stay away :) We were going to book a honeymoon in the United States but when I found these resorts yesterday I fell in love and knew that is where I wanted to spend my honeymoon. Cannot wait!!!

Hopkins
reviews: 3
1. Re: Honeymoon in October!

Belekin beer is $1.50 and Red Stripe $2-3 at the stores. the Belizean rum price varies, of course, with the brand, but starts around $9 for a bottle and you can get a larger bottle that locals call "elephant foot" for around $15 or a flask (7 oz) for $4. All prices US$$$

Lexington, Kentucky
reviews: 11
2. Re: Honeymoon in October!

Thats great!! Good prices! Thank you so much! So very excited! :)

Indianapolis, IN
3. Re: Honeymoon in October!

When in October are you going?? My fiance and I have been researching various options in Belize, and I think we've finalized our decision to do the b each/jungle combo pack too!! How many nights are you going for?

Indianapolis, IN
4. Re: Honeymoon in October!

Also, I know it says the package does NOT include transportation from the airport to the Sleeping Giant Lodge. What are you guys planning on doing for that?

Layton, Utah
reviews: 123
5. Re: Honeymoon in October!

We were in Hopkins last October and loved it. We did a great snorkeling trip from there. The reef is a bit further out so you have to take a 1/2 hour boat ride but well worth it.

We did get some rain but that was partly due to Hurricane Sandy. We were told that the week before we got there it had been sunny all week. The first four days of our trip we got a ton of rain but once the storm headed north it was perfect sunny weather.

October is still part of hurricane season so be prepared (one reason the resort prices are lower) but loved October because we felt like we had the place all to ourselves. We were told by some of the restaurant owners that during the high season there can be an hour wait to just get a seat for dinner. We did the ATM tour with just three of us (including our guide) and only saw ten other people in the cave the whole time. There are always trade offs.

Fort McMurray...
reviews: 20
6. Re: Honeymoon in October!

Hey! First off congratulations. Colleen and I have been married over twenty years but still feel like newlyweds. There is a room they call they "honeymoon casita". There rooms have names and this one one was called Sandia. Book it if you can. There are grocery stores available to pick up what ever you need in the village. As for places to our don't miss list includes Chef Robs, Love on the Rocks, Innies and Thongs Cafe for breakfast. The ladies at the front lobby will do a fine job for you figuring out what excursions may interest you. For a small place they do an excellent job of this. Enjoy!

Hopkins, Belize
reviews: 2
7. Re: Honeymoon in October!

transportation can be arranged by email to blingdog_91@yahoo.com, however it cost $225 US up to 4 people, or you could try one of the taxi at the airport

8. Re: Honeymoon in October!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:18 am, June 22, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Hopkins
Recent Conversations