We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Should I bring my fishing rod? Are rentals available?

Which Hopkins hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Boise, Idaho
reviews: 5
Should I bring my fishing rod? Are rentals available?

Im trying to decide what to bring, does anyone know if there is a place that sells or rents decent fishing gear for fishing the lagoons, piers, or from a kayak? Any other advise on what I may want to bring would be apprieciated too. We will be there for 2 weeks in July.

The Dalles, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Guatemala, Belize
reviews: 95
1. Re: Should I bring my fishing rod? Are rentals available?

We're heading back to Belize this summer and my husband will take his fly rods, as usual. We won't see Hopkins this trip, though. If you fly fish don't expect to be able to rent, though spendy guides might be able to supply you if you pay for a day trip. Not sure about spinning gear.

You might want to ask this question on the Belize Forum; lots of locals and expats post there including a few in Hopkins Village who are into fishing (try a search 1st).

www.belizeforum.com

Happy trails!

Placencia, Belize
reviews: 13
2. Re: Should I bring my fishing rod? Are rentals available?

Bring your own gear, it is a no brainer. Are you bringing your shoes? Never trust that rented gear will be available, or that guides will have what you want. Ther is no tackle shop in Hopkins, there is a very small one in Placencia, an OK one in the City.

Are you fly guys are what? That will help with the tackle advice.

Granbury, Texas
reviews: 6
3. Re: Should I bring my fishing rod? Are rentals available?

Most guides have casting equipment but not fly. However it may or may not work well. Bring your own!

Vancouver, Canada
reviews: 23
4. Re: Should I bring my fishing rod? Are rentals available?

How is the fishing from shore ,in and around Placencia . Is it worth a few casts. I am also thinking of bringing a fly rod in January. But if its not worth it i will just fish with a guide one day.

5. Re: Should I bring my fishing rod? Are rentals available?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:17 am, December 16, 2013