We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

E-coli

Which Batu Ferringhi hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
reviews: 15
E-coli

Just been informed by travel agent about e-coli in penang can anyone let me know a bit more they say it's coming from food outlets thanks

2 replies to this topic
Nelson Bay...
Destination Expert
for Penang
reviews: 43
1. Re: E-coli

There was a earlier post about an e-coli outbreak. It was in the waters at Batu Ferringhi. See tripadvisor.com.au/ShowTopic-g635527-i12669-… post #5

Gaja

Penang Island...
Destination Expert
for Penang
reviews: 114
2. Re: E-coli

There has long been a problem with discharges into the sea at Batu Ferringhi, and it was thought to be one of the reasons why jelly fish have flourished. The black mass that appeared in the sea a week ago was suspected of having E-coli in it but there has been nothing in the local news paper since then to say Yay or Nay. Indah Water are still denying it has anything to do with them. However today a new black mass has been identified at the Floating Mosque in Tanjung Bungah. It has been smelling dreadfully for days now. One theory is that as the weather has been so dry stagnant water is collecting rather than being washed out to sea. This may turn out to be the case up at BF.

As you won't be wanting to swim in the sea at Batu Ferringhi because of the jelly fish I wouldn't worry about the possibility of E-coli.

Reply to: E-coli
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Batu Ferringhi