We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mobile Wireless Connection in Batu Ferringhi

Which Batu Ferringhi hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Sydney
Mobile Wireless Connection in Batu Ferringhi

Maybe this is more a question for sites like Alloexpat or Britishexpat but thought I would toss it in and see what replies I get.

I head to Penang in November and will be staying in an apartment that a friend has rented (I think Eden Fairway). I will be needing to check my emails a few times a day and really do not want to be going to internet places all of the time.

I know I may be able to use the facilities at certain hotels located along the stretch (if I purchase a meal etc).

Any suggestions / recommendations re wireless providers in Penang !!!

Many Thanks

Nelson Bay...
Destination Expert
for Penang
reviews: 43
1. Re: Mobile Wireless Connection in Batu Ferringhi

This site lists available location around Penang http://www.wok.com.my/penang-free-wifi.php . You can even access free Wi-Fi on Rapid Penang Buses thestar.com.my/news/story.asp… only used the free access at Parkroyal with no problems.

Sydney
2. Re: Mobile Wireless Connection in Batu Ferringhi

Gaja......... thanks for your post. I will check out the links provided.

<<<< You can even access free Wi-Fi on Rapid Penang Buses thestar.com.my/news/story.asp… >>>>

Found this comment amusing !!! cant quite see me on one of the buses with my notebook checking emails (especially with their driving habits) but found the idea entertaining.

3. Re: Mobile Wireless Connection in Batu Ferringhi

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, April 04, 2010