We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Villas Paraiso del Mar - All Inclusive Regular vs. Premium

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Holbox Island hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Chicago
reviews: 2
Villas Paraiso del Mar - All Inclusive Regular vs. Premium

I am about to book a stay with Villas Paraiso del Mar and will be doing the All-Inclusive rate. My boyfriend and I are trying to decide between the regular all-inclusive and the all-inclusive Premium. The Premium rate says special arrival gift, special pillow choices, some meat/seafood choices on the menu and premium alcoholic beverages. I am just wondering if it really would make a difference or not. The price isn't significantly more, so I might do it anyways, but just wondering the specific details.

Thank you!

London
reviews: 90
1. Re: Villas Paraiso del Mar - All Inclusive Regular vs. Premium

i'm not a fan of AI ... why would you want to restrict yourself to one place (or at least feel restricted because you feel that you've already paid for it).

holbox is such a small place it's easy to walk anywhere (if you don't mind a little walking) and there's plenty of beach bars and restaurants that are great fun to visit.

each to their own i guess, and i can see if you like to know your costs are fixed then it's a good option, but without AI then you have the freedom of eating/drinking there or anywhere depending what takes you fancy. my experience of Holbox earlier this year, i didn't want to eat "fancy" every night so my meals varied between $5 to $50 a head which made for a decent average and there are several beach bars doing happy hour for cocktails or 30peso for a beer. also, seeing as there isn't much to do in holbox, eating out of an evening is a big part of the day :)

Washington DC
reviews: 12
2. Re: Villas Paraiso del Mar - All Inclusive Regular vs. Premium

I would check out their menus before booking AI. If they charge a premium to eat seafood on Holbox forget about an AI altogether.

Chicago
reviews: 2
3. Re: Villas Paraiso del Mar - All Inclusive Regular vs. Premium

Thank you both for guiding me. I am going to look into this further before committing to AI. I usually am not a fan of it, but thought it might be just easier. But if there are fun places to eat then I am thinking twice about it.

Washington DC
reviews: 12
4. Re: Villas Paraiso del Mar - All Inclusive Regular vs. Premium

Isla Holbox is fun, the hotels are places to sleep.

Brampton, Canada
reviews: 1
5. Re: Villas Paraiso del Mar - All Inclusive Regular vs. Premium

I would not go AI in Isla Holbox. There are so many wonderful places to eat and drink. Why limit yourself to one restaurant for a whole week? You will also get to experience the relaxed atmosphere and feel of the island. This place is a true paradise. Enjoy as much of it as possible. You won't be disappointed.

6. Re: Villas Paraiso del Mar - All Inclusive Regular vs. Premium

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:19 am, October 28, 2014