We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is it Possible to make a 12:30 pm flight from Holbox island?

Which Holbox Island hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Illinois
Is it Possible to make a 12:30 pm flight from Holbox island?

I am in the process of making some travel plans.

The only nonstop I could find within my budget leaves Cancun at 12:30 pm.

We would be staying on Holbox the night before.

Would there be enough time to make that flight given catching ferry and then a taxi to the airport?

Does the ferry usually run on schedule?

I appreciate any advice you can give me

Cambridge, MA
reviews: 12
11. Re: Is it Possible to make a 12:30 pm flight from Holbox island?

no problem making a 12:30pm flight. just got back from holbox today. our flight was at 10:45am.

Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel
reviews: 49
12. Re: Is it Possible to make a 12:30 pm flight from Holbox island?

I really think they are a safe operation. But I am a private pilot, I worked for an airline and I love to fly in most type aircraft. But I would not fly in or out of the Playa del Carmen airport. I have always thought of it as just an accident waiting to happen. A very short runway in the middle of a congested area. It is fortunate no one was killed either in the plane or on the ground.

New York City, New...
reviews: 1
13. Re: Is it Possible to make a 12:30 pm flight from Holbox island?

Gryph - thanks for your post. My flight is at 11.15 am so I have been feeling a bit 'twitchy' about it but it sounds like you took the first ferry and made it with ease

Thanks

Holbox Island...
14. Re: Is it Possible to make a 12:30 pm flight from Holbox island?

When planning a trip to or from Holbox, always calculate a three hour travel time from the airport to your hotel on the island. On the day you have to leave, expect to leave the island approximately six hours prior to your flight (three hour journey from pickup at your hotel + three hours prior to your flight). If for example your flght were to be at 12.30pm, you would be picked up at 6.30 and would arrive at the airport at 9.30am. Perfect timing!

Let us know if you have any further questions!

Hola Holbox Tips & Trips

15. Re: Is it Possible to make a 12:30 pm flight from Holbox island?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, April 13, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Holbox Island