We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Has anyone toured with Holbox Whale Shark Tours?

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Holbox Island hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
St Albert AB Canada
reviews: 11
Has anyone toured with Holbox Whale Shark Tours?

Hi All,

I booked a private tour to swim with the whale sharks. I booked with Holbox Whale Shark Tour Company (Shark Daddy = Captain). I think some people were making unfavourable comments about this company. I want to get some opinions on this company. If you went with them on a private or group tour, I would appreciate hearing your experience.

Thanks

1. Re: Has anyone toured with Holbox Whale Shark Tours?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 1:05 pm, April 08, 2011
Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel, Merida
reviews: 67
2. Re: Has anyone toured with Holbox Whale Shark Tours?

First, IHX has more k nowledge than most about Holbox and you can trust her advice. Funny WhaleShark would mention IHX advertising for a buddy when he constantly violates TAs rules for advertising here--and is frequently deleted.

Charlotte, NC
reviews: 24
3. Re: Has anyone toured with Holbox Whale Shark Tours?

Hi Lori,

To second Robert’s comment, I too have received nothing but good advice from IHX. She spends a lot of time on this forum helping out fellow vacationers. I would think that any recommendations she makes are based on her ample experience (and she’s never steered me wrong).

Regarding reviews vs forum posts, I personally have always found a better depth of information on the forums rather than the reviews.

-Lori

4. Re: Has anyone toured with Holbox Whale Shark Tours?

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 9:35 am, April 07, 2011
5. Re: Has anyone toured with Holbox Whale Shark Tours?

Removed on: 9:35 am, April 07, 2011
St Albert AB Canada
reviews: 11
6. Re: Has anyone toured with Holbox Whale Shark Tours?

Thanks. I can't wait.

Chicago, Illinois
reviews: 1
7. Re: Has anyone toured with Holbox Whale Shark Tours?

We have done it a year ago and it was a disaster: 1) the hotel that we booked was miraculously not available so Rodrigo booked us in a 1 star hotel with literally (no exaggeration) cockroaches running through my daughter bed at nigh. Then we waited 7 months for the DVD were promised only to finally receive it generic DVD you can pretty much download from National Geographic. There were no picture of my daughter (or myself) in the water which she took very hard because it means we have to now repeat experience but definately NOT with Holbox Whale Shark Daddy.

Chicago, Illinois
reviews: 1
8. Re: Has anyone toured with Holbox Whale Shark Tours?

We have done it a year ago and it was a disaster: 1) the hotel that we booked was miraculously not available so Rodrigo booked us in a 1 star hotel with literally (no exaggeration) cockroaches running through my daughter bed at nigh. Then we waited 7 months for the DVD were promised only to finally receive it generic DVD you can pretty much download from National Geographic. There were no picture of my daughter (or myself) in the water which she took very hard because it means we have to now repeat experience but definately NOT with Holbox Whale Shark Daddy.

9. Re: Has anyone toured with Holbox Whale Shark Tours?

Removed on: 5:05 pm, May 06, 2011
10. Re: Has anyone toured with Holbox Whale Shark Tours?

Removed on: 5:05 pm, May 06, 2011