We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Costa Brava Resort / hotel with a young family

Which Costa Brava hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London, UK
reviews: 5
Costa Brava Resort / hotel with a young family

Hi Everyone

I am travelling to Costa Brava with my wife and 2 little boys (aged 3 and 9 months) in the last week of September for 1 week.

We fly into Barcelona where we will take a hire car to the Costa.

We would like to stay in a quiet family orientated resort where we can be exposed to some Spanish culture, kid friendly activities and have a relaxing time away from hustle and bustle. We really want to avoid the nightclub / English pub scene.

Also, because of the children we want the journey from Barcelona airport to be as short as possible 1-2 hrs (Costa Brava or even Costa Dorada)

Blanes has been suggested, also thinking of Tossa de Mar.

Could anyone recommend a resort and even some kid friendly hotels?

Thanks so much

Barcelona, Spain
Destination Expert
for Barcelona, Berlin
reviews: 8
1. Re: Costa Brava Resort / hotel with a young family

For that driving time you definitely need to stay at bottom end of the Costa Brava if you heae north. Heading South to Costa Daurada: near Salou is Cambrils which I understand is more "authentic" than Salou.

Nearer the airport you have Sitges and Vilanova i la Geltrú which have been written about LOADS on Barcelona forum for example (including lots of threads comparing the two).

There is also Castelldefels which is not really a resort exactly: it's a town which is very popular wity Barcelonas for a beach apartment and these days lots of people live there all year round ( i have friends who do) .

It has a lovely beach and nice "Passeig Maritim" and old round the church (away from the beach) for non-touristy life.

There are a couple of hotels and some apartments right at the beach http://www.grup-soteras.com/en_index.html

London, UK
reviews: 5
2. Re: Costa Brava Resort / hotel with a young family

Thanks so much for the advice Lynda

After your kind advice we have now narrowed it down to either Vilanova i La Geltru or Tossa / Blanes.

Although there only seem to be 4 hotels on TripAdvisor in Vilanova y la Geltru itself, I guess its less of a 'resort' and more of a town?

VIlanova seems ideal as a base to explore Barcelona for a day and to go further down the coast to Cambrilis or Tarragona.

We were hoping to visit some local water park or even zoo that our 3 year old might like, can you recommend one?

Thanks so much

3. Re: Costa Brava Resort / hotel with a young family

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:17 am, August 21, 2013