We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help needed for itinerary

In cooperation with: Visit Norway
australia
reviews: 50
Help needed for itinerary

Hi guys,Here is a rough plan for an itinerary for early June 2012,we love scenery (couple mid 50's) but prefer to avoid tourists on mass where possible.

1)Oslo (arrive early am)

2) Train at 8.11am to Myrdal/Flam, then ferry14.30 onto Balestrand

3) Balestrand

4) Balestrand to Flam 11.50 to take the ferry to Gudvangen,then bus to Voss (stay at Voss)

5) Train early am to Bergen (for 2 nights)

6) Bergen

7) Boat to Stavanger (for 2 nights)

8)Stavanger

Depart Norway am on the ninth day, would really love some feedback to the above plan and welcome any suggestions.Thank you

Missy

Edited: 11:41 pm, November 27, 2011
5 replies to this topic
australia
1. Re: Help needed for itinerary

Not to sure I have posted this query in the correct forum fingers crossed!! apologies if it is in the incorrect place!

Harstad, Norway
Destination Expert
for Bergen, Norway
reviews: 35
2. Re: Help needed for itinerary

I am not too sure about the overnight at Voss, what do you intend to do there ? If I were you I would have gone on to Bergen. For reasonable and good value accomodation in Bergen, look for an apartment.

Excellent hiking opportunities

www.visitbergen.com/en/WHAT-TO-DO/Walks/

Stavanger, Norway
Destination Expert
for Western Norway, Stavanger
reviews: 103
3. Re: Help needed for itinerary

As you have posted the same post twice, please check out the responses to your duplicate post: tripadvisor.com/…37182951

Stavanger, Norway
Destination Expert
for Western Norway, Stavanger
reviews: 103
4. Re: Help needed for itinerary

Please note that the Flåm - Balestrand express passenger boat schedule you are referring to is not valid for summer 2012. Tide will replace Fjord1 from May 1st 2012 and the new schedule is not available yet, hence we cannot confirm that it will be the same as previous years. Otherwise it is a nice plan.

Have you seen our trip report library? Links to all the recent trip reports are found here: tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g190455-i550-k3785…

Suggestions on what to see and do in Stavanger (reply #3): tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g190511-i2080-k401…

Stavanger photos summer 2011: tripadvisor.com/…34936439

australia
5. Re: Help needed for itinerary

Thanks guys for all your help, I will drop Voss off the itinerary and will stay at Stalheim that night I think.Apologies for posting in 2 forums ....haven't got the system all sorted yet but learning! Thanks again, I will wait for the timetable to come out from Tide before I book any accomodation in case the timetables change. Missy

Reply to: Help needed for itinerary
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Voss Municipality