We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

in our fifties - too old or too young?

Which Piano di Sorrento hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Bridgend,Mid Glam
reviews: 65
in our fifties - too old or too young?

Grand Hotel Nastro Azzuro -Just booked this hotel (recommended by the Thomson shop) but just started to read the reviews in tripadvisor and I am having doubts that this hotel is right for us. Although we are in our fifties we are young in mind (not always in body) we like a good standard hotel, good food, cold beer but not too quiet during the evenings. We are not looking for discos but a little something going on after our evening meal.

Edited: 2:44 pm, November 26, 2010
UK
Destination Expert
for Venice
reviews: 49
1. Re: in our fifties - too old or too young?

It is a well reviewed Hotel, but personally I think it better to stay more central, there are some lovely Hotels in Town in peaceful locations,

Bridgend,Mid Glam
2. Re: in our fifties - too old or too young?

Thanks very much - I am thinking similar - any recommedations?

UK
Destination Expert
for Venice
3. Re: in our fifties - too old or too young?

What sort of budget do you have ?

Bridgend,Mid Glam
4. Re: in our fifties - too old or too young?

paying 2K for 7N here - but happy to pay more if its worth it

UK
Destination Expert
for Venice
5. Re: in our fifties - too old or too young?

You should get somewhere good for that, I would post on the Sorrento forum you will get more feed back of people who have been recently, which you may find more helpful

Piano is a suburb of Sorrento not really a lot there,

Edinburgh, United...
reviews: 53
6. Re: in our fifties - too old or too young?

Hi

While I'm sure there's nothing 'wrong' with that hotel, it is a little isolated.

Judging by your requirements maybe you'd be best off staying more central in Sorrento as Sohpie has already said. In the evenings yu can enjoy a walk through the Corso Italia (main street) and stop for a drink at one of the bars or cafes in town, maybe at Piazza Tasso (Bar del Carmine is a good choice). The shops are open till at least 9pm, and in the summer there are lots of people out and about, the main road and piazza are closed off to traffic.

Hotels? Thats a good buget so finding somewhere suitable won't be a problem. Some that I would suggest you have a look at - here in the reviews section for Sorrento tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotels-g187782-Sorrento_Ca…

Grand Hotel Riviera, Hotel Ambasciatori (both about a 10 to 15 minute walk).

Imperial Tramontano - one of my favourites. Very quiet hotel

La Favorita - brand new hotel built this year

Antiche Mura - you can't get more central but its in a quiet spot

Continental

Bristol

Michelangelo - quiet location on the main road, no sea views but a great hotel, have stayed there many times

Have a read through the reviews section and see what catches your eye. All of the above are offered by Thomsons.

Hop over to the Sorrento forum where you'll find lots of info.

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowForum-g187782-i162-Sor…

Ellie

Edited: 10:45 am, November 27, 2010
Newcastle, Australia
reviews: 68
7. Re: in our fifties - too old or too young?

The Hotel Minerva in Sorrento I believe would tick many boxes for you. Beautiful hotel, fab views etc.

8. Re: in our fifties - too old or too young?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:25 am, May 31, 2011
Get answers to your questions about Piano di Sorrento
Recent Conversations