We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

zanzibar for the first time.

Which Bwejuu hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
zanzibar for the first time.

Hello, my friend and I are planning a trip to zanzibar, however We want to be certain that we would be in the most bubbly part of the island. We know there's so many places to c and explore but we really want to be in a central spot. Any ideas?

Allentown...
1. Re: zanzibar for the first time.

The cultural and historical part of Zanzibar is Stone Town - recommend stay a night or two in the heart of Unguja..this part of zanzibar is what makes it unique and diverse..Forodhani garden is my fav.. loved eating there in the evenings.. from zanzibari mix to mushkakis..

The beach end is dependent on your interests, budget and beach preferences.. There are many options.... The beach in Nungwi are great..

Head out to beach after your stay in stone town...

Enjoy your stay in Unguja Zanzibar.

Visram

AfricanMecca Safaris

Finland
reviews: 169
2. Re: zanzibar for the first time.

Perhaps 2-4 days in Stonetown (culture), 3-4 days in southeast (close to Paje, less crowded beaches) and 3-4 days in North (Nungwi-Kendwa area, more busy beaches but in Kendwa no tidal worries ). However, there ana many options for accommodation and that counts as well.

Kent
3. Re: zanzibar for the first time.

Hi

I would recommend Nungwi in the North of the island. It has a good mix of budget and more up market properties and there is the option for some night life if you want it within easy walking distance.

I hope this helps.

Zanzibar
4. Re: zanzibar for the first time.

I do agree with above posts.

Take two nights in Stonetown and rest of nights at North Coast in either Nungwi Village or Kendwa Village

Regards,

Zanzilandholidays

5. Re: zanzibar for the first time.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:15 am, January 11, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Bwejuu