We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Baraza hotel - Weddings

Which Bwejuu hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
reviews: 1
Baraza hotel - Weddings

Hi,

I am looking to get married at the Baraza hotel next September, has anyone previously got married there who could confirm it is as majical as it sounds!!!

or could you recommend any other others in Zanzibar that are of a good standard and are on the beach

many thanks

Jo

5 replies to this topic
Stanley, Falkland...
reviews: 54
1. Re: Baraza hotel - Weddings

Hi,

Virtually every resort is on the beach, so you have dozens to choose from.

Baraza adjoins its sister resorts of Palms and Breezes, and seemed, to me, to be large and regimented with its 4 rows of bungalows parallel to the beach.

Palms is more intimate with only a handful of places.

I haven't been married there so you can ignore me. Why not ask the resort for details of happy guests who have had weddings there?

Zanzibar
2. Re: Baraza hotel - Weddings

Baraza is the best option with no daubt.

Regrads,

Zanzilandholidays

Kent
3. Re: Baraza hotel - Weddings

Hello and Congratulations!

Just to let you know; We have arranged many weddings at Baraza, Breezes and The Palms, plus loads of other smaller properties as well. To date we have never had any negative feedback for weddings at any of these properties. Baraza, Breezes and The Palms are all next door to each other and can work very well, as your guests can choose to stay at any of the three depending on their budget and preferences.

Arguably other options do offer more flexibility and depending on your plans it is possible to book entire resorts for your party alone, however a we would always recommend either Breezes or Baraza to anyone considering getting married on Zanzibar.

One bit of advise - book early! At Baraza you can't get married everyday and Baraza don't allow more than a couple a week unlike other large resorts that might have one in the morning and one in the afternoon.

I hope this helps. Please let me know if you have further questions.

Kind regards

Pure Zanzibar

London, United...
reviews: 1
4. Re: Baraza hotel - Weddings

Hi Pure Zanzibar,

Thank you for your comments, it sounds like you know what you are talking about, so if you dont mind i have a few more questions for you....

1. i have been advised there is more to do in the North i.e bars, resturants etc as we may get bored on the east coast, is this true?? (we are not mad party goers but like to be able to escape from the hotel if only for the odd dinner and a wander)

2. if so, could you recommend a boutique hotel of a high standard where we can stay and get married??

3. there is only the two of us going which is why we are looking for something special...

Kent
5. Re: Baraza hotel - Weddings

Hi Josie,

The North is certainly busier, a bit of a melting pot of backpacker and more up market properties but all quite close together, not sure I would say better though. I will send you a PM with a few suggestions.

Kind regards

Pure Zanzibar

Reply to: Baraza hotel - Weddings
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Bwejuu