We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cost of taxi ride to Bwejuu

Which Bwejuu hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
San Francisco, CA
reviews: 8
Cost of taxi ride to Bwejuu

I'm going to be staying in Bwejuu and am debating whether to have the hotel arrange the transfer or to take the taxi. Through this forum, I'm reading anywhere between $40-$60 US. What is the cost of a taxi, and will it be obvious which cars are real taxis?

Thanks!

6 replies to this topic
Dar es Salaam
reviews: 2
1. Re: Cost of taxi ride to Bwejuu

Taxis cost roughly Usd50 one way, readily available upon arrival but you would have to go through a lot of bargaining before the deal is sealed. They tend to start with a very high rate to foreigners.

A lot of operators and hotels offer the service at approx Usd 20 or so extra So If you are not too budget concious, you might as well go for it and have the service available upon your arrival.

Edited: 3:48 pm, May 17, 2012
San Francisco, CA
reviews: 8
2. Re: Cost of taxi ride to Bwejuu

Thank you! That's really helpful.

Zanzibar
3. Re: Cost of taxi ride to Bwejuu

In additon to that.

Try to compare Hotel price and Airport Taxis prices

Can push them to US$ 40 if will take this in low season(Especially this May to ealier June)

Regards,

Zanzilandholidays

4. Re: Cost of taxi ride to Bwejuu

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:14 am, November 08, 2012

San Francisco...
reviews: 26
5. Re: Cost of taxi ride to Bwejuu

I assume you're asking about taxi transfer from the ferry or the airport to Bwejuu. I took a taxi from the ferry to a hotel in Jambiani, so I can only speak to that, but I think the prices would be similar to Bwejuu since it's just up the coast. Our hotel arranged a transfer for $60 (three people, one way). I thought this was pretty steep, but it was really nice to walk right past all the annoying people at the ferry aggressively pestering you for a fare. On the way back, we arranged a ride with a taxi who had dropped some other people off at our hotel and we paid $30. He arrived early to pick us up and even took us around the market in Stonetown before dropping us off at the ferry. This was much better deal than the hotel transfer. We also asked him to call a friend in Dar to pick us up there.

I'd recommend this guy to anyone and would use him again, so I'll leave his contact info here. Negotiate your price ahead of time and make sure you'll know how to identify him when he picks you up amid the throngs of other cab drivers (e.g. a sign with your name).

Name: Idrissa

Phone: +255 773 109970

anashais77@yahoo.com

Even if you don't use this guy, I'd highly recommend arranging your rides ahead of time so you don't get sucked into the crowd of drivers with dollar signs in their eyes.

Zanzibar City...
6. Re: Cost of taxi ride to Bwejuu

To any one need transfer from apt to Bwejuu, our prices are $ 50 one way.

from town to Nungwi is $ 60 one way.

Thank you and see in Zanzibar

Karim

zawa tours

+255776425055

www.zawatours.com

Reply to: Cost of taxi ride to Bwejuu
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Bwejuu