We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What Board Basis

Which Nungwi hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Swindon, United...
reviews: 157
What Board Basis

Hi,

I am travelling to Zanzibar with my mother in November. At the moment I think we are looking at the Nungwi area to stay, but we are not sure what board basis. We were planing All Inclusive as we were not sure on eating options in the area, distances, safety at night etc??

Grateful for any advice from those who have been before.

Also any preferences on hotels??

nyc
1. Re: What Board Basis

I like HB-half-board, breakfast & dinner. This way you're assured of first meal and 3rd, rather than having to go out, if something of interest (another cuisine) isn't nearby for walking or expense of taxi to/from.

And, since midday many guests are on the beach/ocean, at pool or out touring somewhere, rather than being obligated to have lunch, if you wish can do on an 'a la carte' basis. Some people, in fact, pass on the midday meal as in the heat they prefer not... a cool drink or light sandwich might be all that's needed.

If booked on B&B only, having to pay a la carte for two meals, the dinner price especially, would be higher than if originally booked HB.

Really no perfect answer for everyone... so up to you.

Zanzibar, Tanzania
2. Re: What Board Basis

This will all depend on you you can get places were you will be able to eat but qusetion is who will take the resposility and blame if food is bad ?

With this in consideration I will advise that you take the all inclusive and avoid eating in different places unless if you have enough information about that restaurant.

Welcome to Zanzibar

dorset
reviews: 45
3. Re: What Board Basis

Hello. It depends on your hotel choice. If you go for one of the smaller hotels more in the middle of the resort, it is easy to find different places to go for lunch and dinner etc. (eg Langi, Langi, Z Hotel or even Hilton).

If you pick one of the big All Inclusive hoteIs, like the Royal Zanzibar it is a bit further to walk at night to reach the restaurants, bars etc, so it would be better to be at least HB (dinner included) or AI.

Personally I stayed in the Nungwi Inn (which is close to everything), but that may be a bit basic for you and your mother.

4. Re: What Board Basis

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 am, January 27, 2014