We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

weather

Which Nungwi hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
gloucester
reviews: 2
weather

hi

we are coming to zanzibar tomorrow and on most of the weather forecasts it shows mostly rain and thunder storms for about the next 10 days .is it really as bad as that now as we speak.

thanks

Poznan, Poland
reviews: 29
1. Re: weather

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g482884-i9487-k601…

Calgary, Canada
reviews: 34
2. Re: weather

You are asking to see if you need an umbrela or you are just killing the time?

Poznan, Poland
reviews: 29
3. Re: weather

Dear Drago,

I think everyone reading this forum already knows that you had troublesome vacations in Tanzania, that you did not care much for Zanzibar (or at all). That you think it’s dirty, run-down, too poor for your taste and lacks entertainment that you enjoy, and that you prefer Caribbean. I am sorry that you did not enjoy your time, and YES – negative opinions are also needed on the forums.

But there is no need to be offensive and rude to other people. If you don’t want to help – just don’t post!

surrey
reviews: 25
4. Re: weather

redsnapper - + 1

Calgary, Canada
reviews: 34
5. Re: weather

Dear Redsnapper30,

I did not mean to be rude. To me it simply does not make sense to ask if the weather is really so bad if you will be there the very next day and there is nothing you can do about it. Or you may postpone your trip if weather is "really that bad"?

You are wrong about my vacation in Africa. I did enjoy it and exactly three things that went wrong could not change it. I travel long enough to know how to change bad things in my favor.

The worst one was Swala's (Rose's) screw up with Ndutu. Instead of loosing that day, I have asked my driver to go back to Gol Kopje (and paid additional $10 for some permit). We saw two cheetah near Kopje that looked like hunting. I have decided to wait for two hours (two Leopard cars came by but did not have patience to wait) and we actually saw cheetah killing the Thomson antelope. One of the highlights of my trip.

Zanzibar is definitely not worth the visit but again... We have rented a car and went from Nungwi to Makunduchi, from Chwaka to Bububu. We had great wood oven baked pizza in Jambiani, watched local weeding party in Makunduchi, paid 10,000 shillings ticket for wrong parking at Darajani Market, watched fishermen while drinking cold beer in those nice pubs next to Hilton... However, we have missed to visit what seems to be an interesting restaurant on the rock across Chwaka (thanks to good Zanzibar's tourist information practices).

There are no positive and negative opinions. There are only opinions and mine is that some things are great and some are not that great or are even bad.

My opinion is that TA has been hijacked by people doing soliciting. It is not positive nor negative opinion. It is just a statement that I think is correct. You may agree or may not agree.

Edited: 11:59 am, January 15, 2013
Tel Aviv, Israel
6. Re: weather

Hi

I'm planing a trip to Zanzibar at the begining of June, I know it is consider a "low season", is it possible to travel there at this time? is it rainy? what are the temperatures at this time of the year?

Thanks

Dror

Findlay, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Tanzania, Ngorongoro Conservation Area
reviews: 6
7. Re: weather

No one can predict weather this far out with any accuracy. However, know that when it rains there it typically doesn't rain for long, and within 15 minutes you don't know that it rained. All it does is make it more humid.

Tel Aviv, Israel
8. Re: weather

Thanks karl

Of course no one can predict the weather this fur ,I just wanted to know the typical weather for this season in Zanzibar.

Do you know the typical temperatures for this season? (around 20oC?)

Zanzibar, Tanzania
9. Re: weather

typical Zanzibar weather within 27-30 degrees...June is cold but not less 15 degrees.

Los Angeles
reviews: 3
10. Re: weather

redsnapper +2