We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

queenstown to wanaka in june

Which Wanaka hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Australia
reviews: 29
queenstown to wanaka in june

we'd like to go from queenstown to wanaka june 19, stay the night in wanaka and then head to queenstown airport the next day.

what is the quickest drive from queenstown to wanaka in june, considering weather conditions? i have read it is 1 hour over the crown range on some websites; other sites put it at 1.5 hours.

Nelson, New Zealand
Destination Expert
for South Island
reviews: 45
1. Re: queenstown to wanaka in june

In ideal driving conditions the Crown Range is the shorter drive at just under one hour. However the road is subject to ice and snow so possibly the quicker and smarter route will be via Cromwell which is about 90 minutes in ideal conditions.

You won't know which is the best route until the day you plan to travel. Check road conditions before leaving Queenstown.

Safe travels :)

Auckland Region...
reviews: 6
2. Re: queenstown to wanaka in june

we also plan to drive from QT to wanaka in june(29th), is there a website i can check road condition? i can only find milford sound one on nzta website... :/

Dunedin, New Zealand
reviews: 4
3. Re: queenstown to wanaka in june

Most of these towns have their own I-Sites (tourist information centres) staffed by locals. They are listed online with contact numbers. They can usually give you a local's perception of what conditions are like. Even calling the local hotel will load you up with information. Just be aware that conditions can change at very short notice.

Nelson, New Zealand
Destination Expert
for South Island
reviews: 45
4. Re: queenstown to wanaka in june

Hi SB :)

check transit online …govt.nz/traffic/…south-island.html

and by phone 0800 444 449

safe travels :)

5. Re: queenstown to wanaka in june

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:15 am, June 20, 2013