We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sonaisali Island Resort Fiji - Honeymoon

Armidale, Australia
Sonaisali Island Resort Fiji - Honeymoon

Hello all. I've been looking for a long long time for a nice place to honeymoon next march. Where I work, we have access to a lot of special deals for a lot of resorts. What i was searching for was a place in the sun, on the beach, with a pool bar and a jacuzzi. The beachfront Bure's at Sonaisali Island Resort seems like the perfect option.

There are a few concerns though.

- Everyone says it's a great place to take the kids.

We're a childless couple and being our first overseas trip, would this be an ok spot for a honeymoon?

- How expensive is the food? We don't have a lot of money to spare, so we'd like to get an idea as to what the food costs before we decide to go there. I'd hate to be stuck on the island not being able to afford to eat

- What activities are there and how much do they cost? Again, as above.

- Bed bugs. I've read a lot of bad reviews on these. But doing some research, i've learnt how to spot them before we sleep in the bed. It should be just a matter of advising the staff of an infestation before bed time, shouldn't it?

Thanks for your opinion.

Bellingen, Australia
Destination Expert
for Fiji, Mamanuca Islands, Navini Island
reviews: 82
1. Re: Sonaisali Island Resort Fiji - Honeymoon

Personally I would go to the islands for a honeymoon. I prefer white sand beaches with coral reefs and child free for a honeymoon. Sonasali is only a couple of minutes of the mainland and has grey sand beach and no coral.

Have a look at Viwa Islnd resort it is beautiful, no kids and has some good online specials. Tokoriki and Matamanoa are others with few or no children if you go out of school holidays you shouldn't come across any. They are all very different. Viwa is a la carte so you pay for what you eat not for what you don't and the food is excellent. I haven't read one bad review about Viwa . We really loved it and will definitely go back, lovely big bures beautiful white sand beach and turquoise lagoon. small resort, very romantic.

Australia
reviews: 7
2. Re: Sonaisali Island Resort Fiji - Honeymoon

Have a look at Amanuca.The reviews have been good since it has been taken over. I agree with Hooked to go to an island.

Tracy

Sydney
reviews: 21
3. Re: Sonaisali Island Resort Fiji - Honeymoon

I agree to go to an Island - especially for your honeymoon.

Maybe have a look at Nanuya Island Resort --- you could stay in the tree top bures (very reasonably priced) and the food is not expensive and fantastic.

It hasn't got a pool (let alone a jacuzzi), but you are right on The Blue Lagoon - the beach and water are beautiful and you won't even think of a pool..

Read the reviews and have a look at their photos --- I'm just about to post my review of NIR from our last trip in May.

NIR would be a lovely, reasonably priced Honeymoon.

Julie.

Moreton Island...
reviews: 70
4. Re: Sonaisali Island Resort Fiji - Honeymoon

I too, agree with Naviti and Hooked On, go to an island with white sand beaches. There are many to visit, and probably around the same price or cheaper than visiting Sonaisali. Really depends on what you want. But "Hooked On" knows the best places to visit, especially for a quiet honeymoon which is not a kids paradise.

Have a the best ever honeymoon.

Reno, Nv
Destination Expert
for Matangi Island, Fiji
reviews: 9
5. Re: Sonaisali Island Resort Fiji - Honeymoon

Along with everyone else, recommend an island stay.

Most resorts offer activities for both complimentary and those at an extra charge. The websites for the resort will have information on what they offer. You can e-mail the resort for prices of any tours you are interested in.

Viwa does not have a pool bar or jacuzzi. The beach is stunning. It is long, wide, with soft white sand and is great for swimming or kayaking from. The water is crystal clear with shades of blues and greens.

Mosquitos, geckos, bugs, and spiders are to be expected in the tropics. If not supplied by the resort, we take bug spray and mosquito repellent with us from home. Better to take it and not need it.

If you would like to see pictures of our vacation to Viwa, send me your e-mail address in a private message. I will send you an invitation to view pictures we posted on Picasa.

Reno, Nv
Destination Expert
for Matangi Island, Fiji
reviews: 9
6. Re: Sonaisali Island Resort Fiji - Honeymoon

Forgot to mention meal prices. Most resorts offer a choice of meal plans or a la carte. You can e-mail the resort for the prices of both and then compare to see which is best for you.

Armidale, Australia
7. Re: Sonaisali Island Resort Fiji - Honeymoon

Thanks for the helpful info people.

The only other resorts i have access to, through work at half price specials, are:

Blue Lagoon Cruises, Fiji Islands

Lomani Island Resort, Malolo Lailai

Mercure Nadi, Nadi

Novotel Nadi, Nadi

Outrigger on the Lagoon Fiji, Coral Coast Fiji

Rydges Hideaway Resort Fiji, Coral Coast Fiji

Shangri La's Fijian Resort & Spa, Coral Coast Fiji

Sheraton Denarau Villas, Denarau Island

Sofitel Fiji Resort & Spa, Denarau Island

The Terraces, Denarau Island

So unfortunatly, a lot of those suggestions would require me to pay full price, which we can't really afford. $3000 is around our total limit, including flights and spending money.

Australia
reviews: 7
8. Re: Sonaisali Island Resort Fiji - Honeymoon

I would choose Lomani and Blue Lagoon cruises out of all your choices. Wow half price how fantastic!

Sydney
reviews: 21
9. Re: Sonaisali Island Resort Fiji - Honeymoon

Oh well, different story then - lucky you !!!

Agree with Naviti - definitely Lomani (adults only) and BLC.

Have fun.

Brisbane, Australia
reviews: 74
10. Re: Sonaisali Island Resort Fiji - Honeymoon

You might like Outrigger - tends to be one of the better hotels on the mainland. Has a half decent beach.